Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Stereo question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Stereo question
RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am currently piecing together a new stereo system. MY car is 91 GT with the 6 speaker sound. The factory rear speakers they say are 5x7 or 6x8.

Has anyone been able to get 6x9 speakers to fit? If so what mods did you need to make?

Thanks

Rich

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM PurpleNotch as he is the stereo guru on here and can help you with the install.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rich i would stick with the 5x7 or a 6x8 which is pretty close to a 6x9 anyway but overall the best fit are 5x7. they should give you plenty of sound not a lot of bass of course but enough to fill the sound. If you need any car audio advice just give me a call at the shop car audio and mustangs are my fortay.im open 10-7 everyday (usually) 1-650-826-1618 thanks, shaun [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

RAP66
¯
Member # 3360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAP66  Ford pictures for RAP66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thankx Shaun

I'm piecing my components now...
I have head unit: Alpine 9833
going component in the front MB Quart ref series
rear speakers TBD (looking some where along 70-100RMS), AMP I'm looking at the Alpine MRV450 or 540 (unclear still)then MIGHT add a small sub or bass tube.

--------------------
91GT Kurgan Tuned:12lbs of boost 492.4 rwhp / 483.1 rwtq
http://killcarb.org/

www.fordstrokers.com

Posts: 893 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If your system is set up right you won't need the rear speakers. I say skip those and save up for a sub/amp combo.

Those Mb's are good speakers, now match them up with the right sub(s) for the kind of music u listen to. [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
PM PurpleNotch as he is the stereo guru on here and can help you with the install.

Thank you sir [patriot] and yah the combo sounds great especially with the mb quarts you cant go wrong i can get 5x7 mb's for you for the rear if you want let me know about the install too you have the number just give me a ring. thanks, shaun [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com