Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » taking off gas pedal..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: taking off gas pedal..
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have any tips/tricks to taking off the gas pedal? specifically the pin thats pressed in? let me know!! thanks

-scott

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take out your seat, lay on your back under the dash and reach up, then lift up the pedal to remove tension from the pin, and flick the plastic thing up with a fingernail, or you can pull the cable up and it will go with it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

All i see when i look behind the pedal is a white 1-1/2" or so long pin that seems to be holding the pedal in place... Am i missing something?

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ahh I thought you meant pulling the pin that holds the throttle cable on, sorry.

I haven't pulled the actual pedal out before, can't help [dance]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Thanks anyway [Smile]

Anyone else?

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Theres two studs coming through the firewall with two nuts on them securing the pedal to the firewall. I think they are 15mm nuts or maybe 14mm can't recall

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

I dont mean the whole pedal assembly.. I just mean the pedal cover, should have made myself more clear *doh*...

Anyone [Confused]

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

ttt
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's easy. Take the pressed pin out.

I used channel ox to muscle it out, and then when it was out enough I used a doorpanel removal tool (u could prolly just use a screw driver) to finish prying the pin out.

No special tricks or anything, just some muscle will do you. You might wanna take the assebmly out anyway so you can hammer the pin back in when you wan to replace it... unless you have big forearms.

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com