Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » leaving diff. uncovered

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: leaving diff. uncovered
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it ok to leave the differential "open" overnight? i was working on taking off my axles but im tired as shit and just want to pass out... just making sure it all good.... thanks [patriot]
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NOPE it'll disconbujulate you've got to finish it within 12 hr's of first cracking the cover off or it'll go stale.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as the car isn't outside where stuff can blow into the diff I wouldn't worry it
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
NOPE it'll disconbujulate you've got to finish it within 12 hr's of first cracking the cover off or it'll go stale.

LoL ya you don't want a bad mackerflacker gear. They are spendy

[ April 16, 2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: mtbaughs ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
quote:

Steeda just came out with a double adjustable, greasable model though, so if he swaps one in while the cover is off, it really wouldn't matter.

Also, if you have the cover off, griggs makes a SICK new chingus valve for the bearing seals. You should really check them out man.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:
quote:

Steeda just came out with a double adjustable, greasable model though, so if he swaps one in while the cover is off, it really wouldn't matter.

Also, if you have the cover off, griggs makes a SICK new chingus valve for the bearing seals. You should really check them out man.

Jack,
What they already came out with the chingus valve???

Damn and I just finished assemblying the rear end for my fastback. I think I'm going to rebuild another and stick this one in the coupe.

I was really waiting for the valve but when I talked to griggs they said it would be another 6 months before they were done testing it.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, you guys are good, I've never heard of this stuff!... [Razz]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Wow, you guys are good, I've never heard of this stuff!... [Razz]

I thought I was the only one.........

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
As long as the car isn't outside where stuff can blow into the diff I wouldn't worry it

thank you for the one useful response to this thread [patriot]
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

LOL pretty funny [Big Grin]
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:
quote:

Jack,
What they already came out with the chingus valve???

Damn and I just finished assemblying the rear end for my fastback. I think I'm going to rebuild another and stick this one in the coupe.

I was really waiting for the valve but when I talked to griggs they said it would be another 6 months before they were done testing it.

Oh yeah man, I bought one for my cobra a few days after they were released. NOT cheap, but they dropped the price a little bit. Hey, something is better than nothing. It's cool if you just rebuilt it, because they actually install easily...well the griggs one anyway. They include a quick release for the canooder bracket behind the camel gears in the diff, so it pops out and in, with no realignment problems, and even better, no shims required. I'll shoot you the link if you're interested, but you can find it on griggs page if you want more info.

I'd really reccommend it man, it gave me another 2mph and took off .3 at sac raceway three weeks ago [patriot]

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com