Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » battery

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: battery
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i have the battery box from moroso which optima would fit in there? anyone? or what? i have a battery that apex out in but its not holding a charge so i think its time to change.. let me know asap

--------------------
HCI blower built shortblock 285ci

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrly01Stng  Ford pictures for Hrly01Stng    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so any one know where i can order the optima batteries?..the blue top i think

--------------------

01_Blue
¯
Member # 1732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01_Blue  Ford pictures for 01_Blue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You probably don't want the blue top (aside from the color) as they are created for marine purposes. Red tops are made specifically for cars, yellow for those who have extra need or for weekend project cars.
If I remember correctly Pepboys might carry them.

--------------------
2001 GT
www.badassmustangs.com

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

ok cool.. ill have to check that out then.. if not ill have to order from jegs.. i dont like to order stuff like that cuz its a pain if i have return it..

--------------------

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can get you any optima you need and they do make a blue top with the specs of a red top just pm let me know im local. shaun [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

sweet.. ill be doing that shortly.. where do you work? or could you pm me a # i could reach you at... im currently in wyoming.. i come home saturday night.

--------------------

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Costco also carries some Optima batteries, decent price. Worth looking into

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

i dont have a their club card

--------------------

01_Blue
¯
Member # 1732

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01_Blue  Ford pictures for 01_Blue    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Autozone carries them too. But if costco carries them...FIND someone w/ a membership. it's probably worth your trouble.

--------------------
2001 GT
www.badassmustangs.com

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell, I have a membership, and if you are willing to make a trip out here....

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Im in san jose.. So if someone here knows or could get me a tiny discount that would be cool tooo.. Thanks

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

ok never the optima.. it wont fit.. i need someone who can get me a reactor battery.. i have a moroso battery box in the truck and a reactor battery mount kit installed.. the optima is too wide to fit between the clamps.. and the only way to remove those clamps is to remove my gas tank.

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why can't you measure the dimensions of the battery box and go down to Sears and find a Die-Hard that'll fit?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

No umm the box has a special mount inside also for that bat.. its tiny.. i cant remove the mount unless i drop my gas tank..

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its Moroso part# 74050 any group size 24 battery will fit...

BTW, it a 24 wont fint, it doesn't take that long to drop the tank....You probably only have to lower it a little to get to where you need.... [patriot]

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

the battery from what i've found out is that its a airplace battery.. its called reactor made by what is now the name of rock racing. [Confused]
i have no clue.. the only place that carries it is performanceunlimited.com for 229.99

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Did you find a battery yet?....

--------------------

Hrly01Stng
¯
Member # 2843

Yea i had mine charged.. so far its holding.. but if i have to the battery is around 230.00

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com