Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What does it take for a 2000 GT Stang to hit 12.5's? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What does it take for a 2000 GT Stang to hit 12.5's?
COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Gear Head:
Rigghhhtttt.....where is the 12.5 slip with all bolt ons?

damn are you stupid... this summer idiot [patriot]

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project
'97 Saturn SL1(saving the planet)

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COPFITY:
the proof is in the posts dumb ass... open your eyes

go to all the sites you want to seek guidance... matter fact take my advice and just goto corral.net

[Wink]

How about do it yourself and then we'll see if YOU can do it. I don't care if OTHERS can. The fact is your not hittin' 12.5's, the only thing your hitting is curbs trying to swang donuts.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by big matt:
lalala la lalala la hey hey hey
u got owned.

Save your intelligent posts for EaStBAyRacing cuz. [Roll Eyes]

[ December 16, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Gear Head ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im just playin buddy.
all though i am unintellegent, so i wont argue
[Smile]

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COPFITY  Ford pictures for COPFITY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea man... don't take it seriously... I'm just shukin with ya... you gotta admit tho... we blew EBM up... hehehehe

lol... for the record tho no curbz yet... KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Posts: 884 | From: Pittsburg CA... No "H" cuz we don't hate! | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.5 is possible, but there aren't many people doing it N/A.

Here's Bill Putnam's site. A lot of great info here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/

--------------------
Michael
'02 GT ~ sold for a Big, Slow Dodge Ram
'03 SV650S
'04 R1100S ~ The daily driver

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by QWICK46:
12.5 is possible, but there aren't many people doing it N/A.

Here's Bill Putnam's site. A lot of great info here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/

I know that it can be done N/A. The link you posted has a SOHC motor with a lot of mods done to it including an intake and cams. Re-read my first post.

--------------------
Support our troops!

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

jared it's over... we proved that it is possible...

now all i gotta do is run the 12.5 So let's BOTH drop the subject and life can go on til next summer.

Agreed?

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
jared it's over... we proved that it is possible...

now all i gotta do is run the 12.5 So let's BOTH drop the subject and life can go on til next summer.

Agreed?

With every bolt on and even with the exhaust you've told me your getting and the shitty driving skills you have it's not happening. Just pointing out facts bro. [Frown]

--------------------
Support our troops!

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

Click here to see GEAR HEAD a.k.a. Jared get owned

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Click here to see GEAR HEAD a.k.a. Jared get owned

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Support our troops!

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

YEA... speechless... all this because you want to hate on me? if it was nothing to you you would've dropped this already.

my hater 3000 ass nigga.

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want 12.5 na.. you would have to have the best suspention, drag tires.. 430 gears.. and every bolt on there is.. and strip the car..

--------------------
Stallions club member and street racer 02 Mustang GT..

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
YEA... speechless... all this because you want to hate on me? if it was nothing to you you would've dropped this already.

my hater 3000 ass nigga.

Actually i'm not speechless go check the other board gangsta.

--------------------
Support our troops!

COPFITY
¯
Member # 1845

way ahead of you buckaroo

--------------------
'92 Mustang LX Coupe
-Procharger P600
'71 Camaro Project

Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just spend 1000 and get a good nos setup..

--------------------
Stallions club member and street racer 02 Mustang GT..

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Toole:
just spend 1000 and get a good nos setup..

Why NOS when NX is ten times better?

--------------------
Support our troops!

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Someone's telling me they are going to hit 12.5's with just basic bolt ons. I said it won't happen, what do you think?

YEP wont happen ...unless with with a light front cross member, full drag suspension (shocks, control arms, and springs), 430 gears (with a locker or similiar diff) and slicks (not dot tires). My two cents.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWICK46  Ford pictures for QWICK46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I know that it can be done N/A. The link you posted has a SOHC motor with a lot of mods done to it including an intake and cams. Re-read my first post. [/qb]

I'm kind of a fan of and have been following Bill's progress for some time. He just recently installed the cams, and before that went a best of 12.47 @ 108. Click on the "history" link on the page I previously posted and you can see the progression of his car & times. True, he has a Bullitt intake, a suspension that's set up for drag racing, a tubular K-Member, I could go on, but he is still racing with the longblock that was installed at the factory. No internal work, no head porting.

It just proves that with an intelligent setup and cash, 12.5 is possible. And yeah, it also shows that its a bit more difficult than the simple bolt-ons.

[ December 17, 2003, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: QWICK46 ]

--------------------
Michael
'03 SV650S

5PT SLOW
¯
Member # 638

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5PT SLOW  Ford pictures for 5PT SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn whats up with this guy? do i gotta take the vert out and put some spank down or what???

when does this guy shut up?

didnt he go 14's on the bottle anyways?

Posts: 553 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
QWICK46
¯
Member # 1843

LOL

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=403120

[ December 19, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: QWICK46 ]

--------------------
Michael
'03 SV650S

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Copfity and GearHead, please guys no drama...

I appriciate the members who give great information and debate (not argue) the subject...If this post is to solve personal issues, then it is better suited by Personal Message or on other web-sites....

Thanx, Rob

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Copfity and GearHead, please guys no drama...

I appriciate the members who give great information and debate (not argue) the subject...If this post is to solve personal issues, then it is better suited by Personal Message or on other web-sites....

Thanx, Rob

It's already been taking care of.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com