Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » mass air and injectors for 95 5.0???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: mass air and injectors for 95 5.0???
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up califords... well my friend is looking for a aftermarket mass air for his 95 5.0 and didnt know what brand to go with. he was looking at c&l and pro-m. also what injectors (if needed) will work with his combo? right now he has full exuast system, all the msd stuff, throttle body and pulleys. he also has the suncoast ram air hood which is functional so he would like to keep it that way! oh yeh, where would be a good place to purchase the mass air and injectors? if anything thanks!!! jon
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think he will be needing to upgrade his injectors any time soon. You would need something like NOS or Blower to need that...from my understanding anyway. As for the C&L or Pro-m you'll hear many suggestions for both. Personally I like the C&L and have one of my own. It was any easy install and came calibrated for my car. The pro-m does to but I've heard stories of difficult calibration on them. To each their own as they say. Make sure he researches both options and reads all the pros and cons of them. [patriot]
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool thanks! well i also have the c&l mass air in my 02 GT and it was an easy install and didnt have to upgrade anything else when installed, so i'll tell him to go with the C&l then! jon
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

actually the pro-m is the only one that i can find that will work with the stock air box, so i guess i'll tell him pro-m!
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.cnlperformance.com/76mm_94-95cobra.html

You can still use the stock air box with this set up...It mounts in the original location...The only problem is the filter is included, which you'll have no use for...

I sent my Pro-m back tons of times to get re-calibrated...

I've seen the results that other people have got with their C&L's and my next MAF will be a C&L... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

alright i'll look into that then... thanks bro! jon
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by chronicsmokin281:
actually the pro-m is the only one that i can find that will work with the stock air box, so i guess i'll tell him pro-m!

my c&l goes directly to the stock air box with k&n. The cone filter they sent with the kit was to big and was resting on the alternator. I couldn't put a heat shield between the two if I wanted. But mine is an 89lx not a 95 so may be different

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com