Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where's the best/cheapest place to purchase a Tremec 3550 & Spec Stage 2 Clutch?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's the best/cheapest place to purchase a Tremec 3550 & Spec Stage 2 Clutch?
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also all the parts needed to do a AOD to 3550 conversion.

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Midnight auto supply lol. Heres what you do find the cheapest printed price in mmff and call summit and they will match it and ship to you on all of the parts.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:

how modded is ur car u might want to go stage 3 or higher if u have alot of rwhp.
my friend friday night toasted his spec stage 3 clutch with 1000 miles or less on it at the track.
hes probally gonna try the stage 4 and see if that holds [Confused]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
Midnight auto supply lol. Heres what you do find the cheapest printed price in mmff and call summit and they will match it and ship to you on all of the parts.

I am looking at Summit's online catalog and it doesn't look like they sell Tremec or Spec products. [Confused]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:

how modded is ur car u might want to go stage 3 or higher if u have alot of rwhp.
my friend friday night toasted his spec stage 3 clutch with 1000 miles or less on it at the track.
hes probally gonna try the stage 4 and see if that holds [Confused]

My car is pretty stock and only has minor bolt ons RIGHT NOW. I want to put in the 3550 so I dont have to worry about tranny problems later on down the road when I get into the motor.

How streetable is the stage three clutch?

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
50 percent of summits stuff isnt listed call them and they will set you up

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even better:

http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=012199#000012

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
D&D performance is around 1100 for the 3550.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went through almost all of the vendors in MM&FF and 5.0 Mag. and it looks like the going rate for a 3550 is $1,200 and another $200 for a Pro 5.0 Shifter. I am also looking at the Steeda quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster for $110 and deciding weather to go with a Spec Stage Three Clutch or Centerforce Dual Friction, they are both around the $330 range.

--------------------
Support our troops!

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the corral has many. not sure if you care if they are slighly used or not. most ive seen have beeen removed for an auto. so they sell the entire setup.

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a spec stage 2 and i liked it. I abused the shit outta it and had no problems. Ive heard bad things about centerforces.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have spec stage 2. I havnt tried any other performance clutches. The stage 2 is great unless you do any city driving. It will not engage when it gets warm. I only have about 3000 miles on mine and i go inro sf quite often. Going threw those steep ass hills with all the stop sighns kills the clutch. Other then that the feel is great..
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
jr5.0
¯
Member # 399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jr5.0  Ford pictures for jr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drop me a p.m if your looking for a spec clutch. i know someone who gets pretty good deals on them.
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car never had any clutch problems and I had it for almost 9,000 miles.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com