Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » shorties vs. longtubes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: shorties vs. longtubes
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a pair of the BBK 351w swap headers that are shorties, do to budget limitations for the moment I am going to put the headers on with a O/R H or X pipe and my old edelbrock mufflers for now on my new 357 motor. What kind of power differences can I expect from the two? Should I wait to dyno it untill I have the Longtubes and 3" exhaust! [Confused]

Ohh yah, droped the motor in today, looks sick [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to bad ur still missing a few pieces
jeff's need to buy list

Intake
power pipe
injectors
80mm maf or borrow mine

on a side note, is the car on the ground, how does it sit with the uncut drag springs, a little high or does the extra block weight bring the nose down

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:

Ohh yah, droped the motor in today, looks sick [Big Grin]

Ok,
Lets see some pics [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you compared the inside of the BBK headers to the ports of your heads?....I had to port my BBK headers just to match my STOCK E7 heads!!!!...I really dis-like BBK products...

Talk to Drew(Yellow94GT), I remember talkin to him and him telling/showing me how he had to RE-WELD ALL the flanges on his BBK headers, just to port match his Edelbrock heads on his 5.0...

Dynos offer some good info on how your engine is running...If you can afford it I would do the dyno before and after the exhaust....If you get a custom chip, they can tune the first combo and change the exhaust combo with a couple of fine adjustments.... [Wink]

Good luck!

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a PMS sytem from AFM that Sheldon will be tuning for me on the dyno! My headers dont even come close to the AFR's!

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like my bbk headers... [Smile]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK's aren't the hot ticket for power, cool for the price though.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

So should I just dyno tune the car and not worry about it when I change the exhaust?

--------------------

WantedCOBRA
¯
Member # 3150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WantedCOBRA  Ford pictures for WantedCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was over at his house this weekend and the engine looks good. We had to push the car into the garage from the side yard...Can you get a DUI if the car cant start?jk...Everything looks good. [worship]
Posts: 127 | From: Fairfield, CALIFORNIA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

HAHAHAHA I hope not! We were all tossed! Thanks for pushing dude! [patriot]

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
HAHAHAHA I hope not! We were all tossed! Thanks for pushing dude! [patriot]

That would have been funny if Larry busted you while you were in the street! [Big Grin] You gonna let me borrow the engine stand soon??

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey foo if your PMS needs it I still have that 80mm Pro-M FS

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by cheap:
Hey foo if your PMS needs it I still have that 80mm Pro-M FS

I never heard back from Pro-M! DO you know how much it costs and how long it would take to recalibrate it? How much for it alone, still open for the trade?

--------------------

cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL I cant even remember what I wanted to trade you for it. Im always open to suggestions... PM me cuz i'll be busy workin for the next week and not checkin the boards. I have no idea what Pro-M charges

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com