Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » supercharge or heads and cam 4.6? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: supercharge or heads and cam 4.6?
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
281n/a I thought you had a 96-98 mustang.those years would see 75-85 rwhp.but believe it or not 99-up with our stage one package and all the bolt on good tuned chip will see 65-70 rwhp.there's alot of power in the PI heads when they are properly ported and matched with the correct cams.With stock cams and ported Pi heads you would see about 35-45 rwhp.Of course the stock cams lift and duration would prevent the ported heads from flowing to there full potential.Either way you go you still get a nice HP increase.Have fun with what ever decsion you make [Smile]
sheldon

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Supercharger

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres is a good advice I believe,,you might get a used SC for about 3gs,,I think you should save a little bit more money and get a bullet long block with PI heads, this way you'll have room to grow in the future adding safe boost or nitrous and you'd be already gaining some HP with those PI heads.. [Wink]

check,,,www.dssracing.com

Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot [dance] if you still would add a power adder to your stock block, I would go with N2O,,NX nitrous kits are awesome, I read this article in MM&FF, they used the 50hp shot and run low 13s with everything else stock and automatic tranny, when they used the 75 they got into 12s.,they tried the 100, the 125 or 150 shot they didnt use it because they did not have a timing adjuster at the time,,they said they could probably run 11s with the bigger shot. [worship]
Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BLOWER! BLOWER! BLOWER! BLOWER!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-built to run

Posts: 939 | From: Vacaville by way of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Sidewayzisbest
¯
Member # 3403

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sidewayzisbest  Ford pictures for Sidewayzisbest    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard good things about the SVO heads and intake for your car, theres also a new 4.6 company cant remember name but i could get it thats resembles sean hyland motorsports. But my brother went through the same thing and go the custom cams, headwork, headers, and lots of other misc stuff and hes happy with that he didn't trust his motor with a supercharger

--------------------
91gt
lil of this and that

Posts: 44 | From: Lexington, SC | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com