Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Saleen got hit yesterday

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Saleen got hit yesterday
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yesterday in Stockton my saleen got hit from the owner of some constructions company.... and he tried to bounce had to run a red light and smash to catch up to him, he acted all dumb acting like he didnt know... anyways cracked the back body kit and my spoiler... What should i do, claim insurance get a rental car because i go to college out of town or get a mean ass estimate and have him write a check like he wants to do and drive around with the car messed up?? what are some real good body shops that would work on my car and does a really good job, keep in mind everything has to be ordered from saleen...? also that are expensive shops? thanks when i caught up to him he took me to MIRACLE auto body cause he knew the guy i was like hell no im not taking my car to a maaco, lol

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Darth Vetter
¯
Member # 2458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Vetter  Ford pictures for Darth Vetter  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is it miracle auto paint in richmond? if so they did a GREAT job on my saleen when i got into a lil fender bender. its a real body shop though it aint no maaco so i doubt its the same place but if it is ask for tom and tell him you talked to me (russell) i have a mineral grey 01 saleen, if he dont remember tell him im a friend of natalie's. good luck [patriot]

01-173

[ September 21, 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: DVblownS281 ]

--------------------
01 SHM Saleen S281 (SOLD)
65 Fastback
84 Vette
98 Lincoln

WWW.BLACKTRAX.NET

Posts: 2021 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
cheap
¯
Member # 858

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheap  Ford pictures for cheap  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say let the insurance co. fuck him since he tried to run on ya.

--------------------
1965 Spyder GT

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell yeah, let the INS company stick it to him!!! the bastard tried to run! [Mad]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it's just body-kit damage, doesn't sound too difficult to replace. Body shops love to charge like 2-3 hours per body panel at $70-$80 /hr.

what I would do would be to make him write you a check for the full estimate, not make an insurance claim (because both his and YOUR insurance rates will go up) order the cracked body panels yourself, remove/re-install them, and then get the whole car painted (or just paint the new panels to match--- which might actually be impossible)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

GTSLN97
¯
Member # 1849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTSLN97  Ford pictures for GTSLN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree. Dont go through insurance, ures will go up 2.
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make his ass pay for everything and if its to much for him to pay then just go thru the insurance. I got rear ended once on the freeway and I went thru the insurance but my rate never went up, and I have ALLSTATE. Just try to make him pay up front for the complete estimate, you can always get money from the construction company he works for as well.

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make him give you a certified check!

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
His insurance is allstate, he seems pretty cool called me today but i didnt answer it i was in the shower but he wanted to know what i wanted to do? I went to a guy i know's house he paints on the side, he painted my saleen hood, and he told me a couple of places to go that are hella expensive so i called that guy and left a message saying that im getting a couple more estimates... so hopefully tomarrow i get a mean ass check so i can have my buddy paint my whole car

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

if he gives my any bull im just going to claim insurance screw all the bullshit

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatever you do, DO IT FAST!

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go through insurance, your rates won't go up as long as he is at fault. If he tried to leave the scene, you think he'll pay you out?

Sorry to hear about your Saleen!

Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackDrop50:
Go through insurance, your rates won't go up as long as he is at fault. If he tried to leave the scene, you think he'll pay you out?

[patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Darth Vetter
¯
Member # 2458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Vetter  Ford pictures for Darth Vetter  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so was it the miracle auto in richmond i asked u about or a different one?

--------------------
01 SHM Saleen S281 (SOLD)
65 Fastback
84 Vette
98 Lincoln

WWW.BLACKTRAX.NET

Posts: 2021 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

no a different one in stockton, probably totally different places.... got a few estimates total came to $1652.00
then rental for 270
so grand total is like 1900

i called him today but got his answering machine but left one so well see if he calls back if he doesnt tomarrow then im just calling insurance!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take your car to Bruces Auto Body in Stockton off of Wilson Way. I took my White Cobra there a about 2 years ago and my old Geo Prizm there about 3 years ago, they do not play. They replace/repair/re-spray anything and everything that is'nt right caused in the accident. Rim catch a one inch rash from it, you get a new rim and tire. Minor scratch on a panel from the accident, they paint the WHOLE side [trim, rocker panels, everything]. If you need a quote to give the other guys insurance, trust me, they'll stick it to him. Personally, i vouch for their work, great quality paint, excellent prep, courteous & professional ppl, and timely. Try them out. You wont be dissappointed.

Bruces Auto Body and Paint
Wilson Way
Stockton, CA
(across the street from Mustangs Plus)

--------------------
CRYSTAL WHITE 1994 COBRA; TOTALED
RIO RED 1994 COBRA INDY PACE CAR; SOLD(now in VACAVILLE)
(#18 of 1000)
BLACK 2002 GT Vert' AUTO; GONE!

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stick it to him. Give him the quote for the damages... Buy the parts youself...Have your buddy paint the new parts cheap... Hell, you might have enough left over to help you with that blower purchase. [Big Grin]

Javier got hit at a parking lot by a Construction company too. His damages added up to $900. Front bumber came loose and got scratched and the front light broke. The guy gave him a check for $900 and we bought a new light $60... placed the bumper back to location FREE... buffed the scratches down enough to where they are barely noticeable FREE...

The remaining $840 paid for new Eibach springs and BBK Headers and some other goodies [Big Grin]

Just make sure this guy gives you a Cashier check!

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I went to Bruce's auto body and it came to 1652 and 270 for rental today got the whole check and put it in the bank, i got $2000 dollars my buddies doing all the work for 600 dollars, this week or next getting my rims dipped in chrom instead of them being white, so the left over money is going to buy my charger or nitrous

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope i helped out on that estimate. Your not the guy i ran into at the 76 station on the corner of Pershing and Country Club a few months back are you?

Well anyways, good luck on your ride.

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com