Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » flared fenders

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: flared fenders
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone done this? im ordering the maier 1.5 fender flares. any help is appreciated. heres what it will look like when its done, except for the paint ant my car is a t top

-

-

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
actually that doesn't look to bad. how much will all that cost?
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and where can i get those rims, and how much? [Big Grin]
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are around 400.
they look fucking sick! its the 3" ones that everyone sees that look like ass.
oh, i wont be using those rims, ill be running modified cobra r's.
those are fisk rims. 1000 each [Eek!]

--------------------
86 GT

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

those are the maier 1.5 fender flares. so thats what it will look like.
the apex coupe race car has them. he said the fit wasnt so hot, but thats what sanding and bondo is for [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That looks really good, except for the front mudflaps. [Wink]

--------------------
Support our troops!

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

LOL, i saw that too.

--------------------
86 GT

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

i think i might just do the rear. but im ordering the flares today [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:

If you do the backs you should defnatley do the fronts.

--------------------
Support our troops!

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

yeah, your right. i pictured it in my head and it looked goofy.
man, i really want those rims. but nuts too 4 grand for a set. that would finish my motor/tranny/most of suspension combo [Cool]
anyone need some cocaine? [Razz]

[ September 19, 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry, but without the right looking rims fender flares will look fuckin stupid....C'mon I know you can think of a better rim than a modidied Cobra R... [Roll Eyes]

Its kinda like buying a 6" lift off, cowl hood for a stock engine...You gotta buy the wheels to go with the fender flares......

Have you ever thought about 86 Capri fenders and quarters?...They're a little wider than stock...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

actually, brembo 4 piston calipers only fit cobra r's, 98 cobras, or a custom rim like the fiske ones. id like to use bbs rims, but that just wont work [Frown]
actually, id really like to use fiske rims, but they are to expensive. unless i can find a used set designed to clear my breaks, cobra r's will go on my car.
powder coated though

anyone know of some race car classifides?

[ September 19, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:

If you do the backs you should defnatley do the fronts.
Yes, definitely do both front and rear. See if Maiers has front fenders that are already flared. Im pretty sure they do. If they dont, tell Nick that Jason with the red and black fastback says to get off his lazy ass and make them for you.

Oh yeah, and I hate people that spend 1000 dollars each for Auto-X rims. Maybe if/when Im one of them I wont hate them.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
actually, brembo 4 piston calipers only fit cobra r's, 98 cobras, or a custom rim like the fiske ones. id like to use bbs rims, but that just wont work [Frown]
actually, id really like to use fiske rims, but they are to expensive. unless i can find a used set designed to clear my breaks, cobra r's will go on my car.
powder coated though

anyone know of some race car classifides?

There are any number of rims that will fit over Brembo 4 piston brakes. BBS's will if their 17" or more.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

i hope so. i have alwaysed loved the BBS rims. powder coated black ones are my fav of all mustang rims.
i hope your right.

does bbs make 17's? or are 18's the only ones. wait, would 18's be better?

--------------------
86 GT

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know, it would prolly look sicker if you did the back wider then the front. like go with 2" flare in the back and a 1" in the front. Kinda like a porsche look... Idunno about hte flares though, u got any other pics?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

no other pics. i dont think they have 2" flares though, just 1.5 and 3". the 3's look fucking awful unless its a full out race car.

--------------------
86 GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com