Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Nitrous questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitrous questions
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own a 96 saleen s281 non supercharged. I've got gears, full exhaust, cold air, pullies, its quick but I need NOS. How dependable is it, which one is the best product out, whats better wet or dry? say i get it have it installed by professionals and get chipped and tuned by APEX would that work real good? I read an article in mustangs and fast fords saying that its just as dependable as a supercharger as long as its installed right. I've heard a lot of horror stories and just want to know the truth, any help would be great thanks guys!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I am a NX dealer and can tell you that if you choose to go with N2O I would highly recommend them! They offer a great kit, not to mention I can get it to you at a great price. There numbers are in RWHP figures( so a 100 shot will give you 100 HP to the wheels ) unlike the other brands witch rate there kits at the flywheel! You read correctly, N2O is just as dependable as a supercharger in many ways, but what it all comes down to is TUNEING, getting byron to tune it on a dyno is a very good idea! Let me know what you want to do, how much you plan on spending and Ill try and answer as many questions as possible as well as try and get you everything you want inside your budget!

[patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would also reccomend NX they are very safe.i would also have it tuned at apex. another thing is NX is alot cheaper than a charger.my .02 [burnout]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just hate refilling the damn bottle.
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought an NX kit from these guys and their prices are great. I'm going to start it out at 75 next saturday when we put it on and then move on to 100 and then to 150. I just need to get it tuned and some slicks so I don't spin everytime I hit the button. The juice is fun just don't be stupid and use more than your motor can handle [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know that much about N2O, but most of the horror stories come from people who got greedy. Just like with a blower, if you get greedy and go for cheap easy power (smaller pullies for more boost/too much juice) your motor goes boom.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WEll I am willing to spend 650-700 on the NOS. How much do you think it would be for installation. Which is the best kit because i want the safest kit out and if i have to spend a little more thats ok. Now would you recommend getting chipped and tuned or just tuned when i get it?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com