Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Best headers for 98 GT?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best headers for 98 GT?
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car is in the process of getting new short block and heads redone. I want to upgrade to some 1 5/8" shorty headers, what would be the best way to go? I was thinking about getting Ford Racing headers.... Anyone else have some ideas? heres a pic of the headers i was thinking about...

-

[ September 05, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: 98StangPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you get the rest of your exuast done yet? if not, i would go with the bassani mid length headers and the rest of the exuast! but if you want to just stick with the shorties go with the ones you want or the jba shorties.
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont think shorties are worth the money. THe mid lengths and longtubes are.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you go shorties I vote JBA, the Bassani mid lengths are good but if you are going illegal you may as well go all the way and make great power with some long tubes. BBK has good ones but I think Hooker Super Comps are the best. BTW you have a PM [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Hater
¯
Member # 3085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hater  Ford pictures for Hater    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got Ford Racing headers on my 01GT (shorties) and they are excellent, the installation was very easy compared to other brands,,a friend bought a pair of JBA headers and they had to be modified to fit well , I really don't recomed JBAs
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Everything I've heard from the 4.6 guys says that if you're going to do headers, do long tubes. With that said, if you are going to get shorty headers, I'd say go with the FMS ones. JBA's are great headers, however they are very likely to crack on you. They'll get replaced for free, but you have to pay to have them swapped, or take the time to do it yourself (not a fun job on your car.) Good luck [patriot]
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FMS headers are better than JBA's, from my experience....

Either way, I think shorties are a waste of time on a 4.6..

I vote for LONG TUBES'S!

[ September 08, 2003, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
FMS headers are better than JBA's, from my experience....

Either way, I think shorties are a waste of time on a 4.6..

I vote for LONG TUBES'S!

Do they make smog legal long tubes?
Wouldnt shorties be better than the stock ones,either way anything has to be better than stock? [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they dont make smog legal long tubes (I WISH!!), but short tube headers will always be better than stock. but for the price and performance you get i would rather get some other performance upgrades. unless you have pretty much everything.
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are people on this board that can help get your longtubes to pass.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
JBA, contact me, jim@fourvalve.com

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why will JBA's crack [Confused]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com