Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hp/ Tq numbers for project 5.0 Killer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hp/ Tq numbers for project 5.0 Killer
67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang12s  Ford pictures for 67stang12s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 67 stang that cant quite beat 5.0s and so i was gonna build a buudget 302 motor from parts i have in the garage to go in my car and was wondering what yall think
and if anyone has any hp/tq figures or any 1/4 times
302 30 over
stock e7 heads
Isky 280 megacam
KB .200 dome pistons
edelbrock rpm air gap
Holley 750 dp
hedman shorty headers
2800 stall
3.50 gears

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
carb and intake sound too big, what are the specs on that cam? are the heads worked at all?

I'd guess around 230 rwhp as is, but E7 heads can make >300 rwhp if worked a good amount with the right parts.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are the cam specs???? The carb seems to be a bit big, Id say a 600 or a 650 cfm carb instead, or keep the carb and get a set of better used heads for cheap! Or you can always buy a NX kit from me too!

[ September 04, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that "mega cam" is probably too big too

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lose the heads. BIG waste of time. And let me know when you wan to race a high mileage 5.0...
[Big Grin]

67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang12s  Ford pictures for 67stang12s    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
280-MEGA HYDRAULIC High performance.
Use/bracket racing. Lopey idle. 2500 Stall.
9.5-10.5:1 compr.
3:90-4:11 axle ratio.
Up to 780 CFM Carb. RPM-Range: 2500-6800
Valve Lift - INT: .517 EXT: .517
Valve Lash Hot - INT: .000 EXT: .000 ADV Duration - INT: 280° EXT: 280° .050 Duration - INT: 232° EXT: 232° Lobe Center: 108°

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

232 rwhp
as long as i can beat some 5.0s
thanx
is that the same 5.0 running 12.7
well when i get the 67 ready i'll run
i know about the heads being restrictive (planning on throwing on some gt 40s or vic jrs) and the carb being big(im thinking of a 650 dp instead) but the intake being too big is the first i heard about that but we shall see
anymore thoughts or testing partners preferrably 5.0s well any who thinks it'll be a good run

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK- Why use the poor flowing E7's? Early 289/302 castings are a bit better w/ smaller chambers for higher compression(54cc vs. 64cc)
67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

my compression will be too high for cheap ass 91gas and i have my 7k valve springs on the e7 heads i was supposed to port but didnt
basically just throwin something together for them 50s

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Stock E7's-
 -

Stock 289's-
 -

Stock 69 351W's-
 -

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/07/homeporting/index.shtml

[ September 04, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

thanks for the numbers but the short block is built already and the e7s are the only ones i have that can go on unless i open the chambers up on the 289 heads are use some fat gaskets
well we'll see
i appreciate the knowledge but i'm hard headed
non flowing E7s RULE
thanx

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

In that case, at least grind out the bumps in the ex. ports and clean the bowls. From one hardhead to another...

[Wink]

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the rpm air gap will be fine, but for the carb i would probably go with a 600 dp or so. IMO try to port those stock heads atleast a little. you dont need new heads if your trying to build a BUDGET motor. Do your best with the stock heads, or better yet, just do what you can with whatever you got. save some money. [Cool]
95still5.0
¯
Member # 2994

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95still5.0  Ford pictures for 95still5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the car auto or stick. if it is auto i don't think you'll beat 5.0's with that tranny. member 5.0's with T5 really fly over an automatic 5.0

--------------------
Abel Ibarra

Posts: 56 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
rr_mustang
¯
Member # 888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rr_mustang  Ford pictures for rr_mustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang12s:
non flowing E7s RULE

so, what does that suppoesed to mean, shitty stock heads kick ass? just wondering

--------------------
Dart 408 w/ AFR 205's

Posts: 473 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
67stang12s
¯
Member # 2314

95still5.0 thats were the stall gears cam etc come in at but maybe we can see if youre right when the car is ready [Wink]
and maybe you can change your name a little bit if i win to 95lookslikeImStandingStill5.0
or i'll change mines to 67stang18s [Cool]

--------------------
The Heartbeat stops here
F O R D

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang12s:
95lookslikeImStandingStill5.0
or i'll change mines to 67stang18s [Cool] [/QB]

thats funny [Big Grin]

with the stall and gears and the other shit your doing, you'll smoke a stock manual 5.0 no prob.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com