Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Home Made Cold Air

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Home Made Cold Air
blkstangGT
¯
Member # 2637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkstangGT  Ford pictures for blkstangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do u guys think about these home made cold air systems?? do they work as good as some of the other cold air systems? http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/coldairDL.htm i found this one on mustangworld.com, have any of u made this or similar to this?

--------------------
02 Mustang GT
BBK Underdrive Pulleys
BBK Off-Road X-Pipe
K&N FIPK

Posts: 11 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would work just as well if not better than most of the CAI on the market.

--------------------
Support our troops!

blkstangGT
¯
Member # 2637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkstangGT  Ford pictures for blkstangGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have right now on my car the k&n fipk, the kind with the open filter under the hood... do u think this home made cold air would work better than what i have?

[ July 17, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: blkstangGT ]

--------------------
02 Mustang GT
BBK Underdrive Pulleys
BBK Off-Road X-Pipe
K&N FIPK

Posts: 11 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any kit with the filter in the fender away from the engine heat would be an improvement over an open-air filter in the engine compartment.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blkstangGT:
I have right now on my car the k&n fipk, the kind with the open filter under the hood... do u think this home made cold air would work better than what i have?

HELL YES!

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On my car that system didnt do shit really. I noticed absoultely no seat of the pants differnce. For the price of the filter and the other shit u can get the densecharger meter forward system, but if ur doing that might as well get the whole thing. When i switched, i noticed a little seat of the pants difference, but my car has a dying problem now.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Red97SVT
¯
Member # 2811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red97SVT  Ford pictures for Red97SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to have the K&N FIPK kit. Something I noticed after changing to a BBK (in the fender) kit is that my air cleaner stays clean a whole lot longer.

The down side is that it is a pain to even check because I now have to jack up the car and move the fender liner to access the air cleaner.

--------------------
Engine: HCI forged 0.30' over N/A.
Suspension: Full Griggs by Apex.
Drive train: T-56, Auburn pro, 31 spline axles, 3.73s.

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have the mac cold air system in the fenderwell and i have the same problem with checking the air filter. i think the only difference between the bbk and the mac cold air systems is the price.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
i think the only difference between the bbk and the mac cold air systems is the price.

And the cool little BBK plaque
[Razz]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The MAC one looks hella cleaner [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com