Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Customer Exhaust shops???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Customer Exhaust shops???
S-281
¯
Member # 2188

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S-281  Ford pictures for S-281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a top-notch exhaust shop to do some really intricate (crazy) exhaust work on my car?

I added the TurboLocity turbo kit and the darn exhaust stuff sits too low. The cats and y-pipe coming form the turbo sit too low to the ground so the exhaust is hitting anything and everything. [Mad] I visited a couple of shops while I was in LA this weekend but none had the craftsmanship to do the work. [Roll Eyes]

Basically I need to modify the exhaust and this is going to take some serious skill,
From your personal experience can you please recommend some shops in the Bay Area that can do some customer exhaust work?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
The first 2000 Turbo Saleen

Posts: 32 | From: Northern Cali. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been going to Tri-Vally Mufflers in dublin for years. They always do a great job. Dave is the name of the guy that runs the place just give him a call. 925-829-4441
S-281
¯
Member # 2188

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S-281  Ford pictures for S-281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks!!! I just called Tri-valley and they are closed on Mondays. I left Dave at Tri-Valley a voice mail.

Any other shops around here…?????

--------------------

1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have u tried Apex Motorsports ? i know they install headers/xpipe/cat back on all kind of saleen / cobra....

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tri-valley mufflers is the best shop in the bay area, no doubt about it, Dave is a real artist. But Dublin is pretty far out there. Most of my recent work has been done at:

Joe's Muffler Svc
2555 Lafayette St # 107, Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone: (408) 748-0598

Joe is a great guy, his prices are the lowest I've seen, and his work is also very artistic. He's done a great job of clearing my crazy suspension components.

-Mark

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:
Tri-valley mufflers is the best shop in the bay area, no doubt about it, Dave is a real artist. But Dublin is pretty far out there. Most of my recent work has been done at:

Joe's Muffler Svc

Joe is a great guy, his prices are the lowest I've seen, and his work is also very artistic. He's done a great job of clearing my crazy suspension components.

-Mark

Is this the shop down a few garages from Apex?
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
S-281
¯
Member # 2188

Hi Stalion98Gt,

I am familiar with Apex, I will be visiting them soon for something else…. [Smile]

I believe they are more into installation and performance modifications, I initial had them install an X-pipe long time ago ...before my current setup, I think a muffler shop will meet my needs in this case.

Thanks,

--------------------

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try Livermore Mufflers, the did mine and it sounds awsome..
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VortechSaleen:
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

Joe's Muffler Svc

-Mark

Is this the shop down a few garages from Apex?
yep..that the one....i've heard they are pretty good too....

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Pcharged46
¯
Member # 1664

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcharged46  Ford pictures for Pcharged46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S-281:
Thanks!!! I just called Tri-valley and they are closed on Mondays. I left Dave at Tri-Valley a voice mail.

Any other shops around here…?????

mission muffler 510-276-4161 . san leandro, ask for Mario. they have done all my exaust work on 3 of my past stangs !!!!

--------------------
04 Gt, Procharger,ported bullitt intake, vt cams, patriot heads mahle pistons, manly rods... etc.etc.

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will any of these shops touch a car with no cats? I just need some minor welding to seal the center of the h pipe, and the catback. Thanks.

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

S-281
¯
Member # 2188

opps this should have gone here...

Hey Balck88Gt,

I would give the shops a call and tell them what you want.

BY the way thanks guys. Here where I stand with this…

Joe at Joe's Muffler Svc wasn’t interested in doing the work. Like I had mentioned it is going to require some crazy work. Basically you need to rework the whole exhaust from the Turbo’s down pipe to the cat-back.

See the following link the at the picture at the bottom of the page, I basically need to move the way the y-pipe comes down about 4 inches towards driver side to clear the transmission and give me some more ground clearance room.

http://alumni.cse.ucsc.edu/~josue/turbo_pictures.html

Tri-Valley Mufflers in Dublin for years is pretty far, when your exhaust is too low.

Apex will do the work, I rather have apex do my tuning, Apex kick butt, but I need some serious funds to visit them…

Thanks for you help guys.

--------------------

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In fremont on fremont blvd there is a reallly really good exhaust shop. They did my catback, but i completle forgot what the name is. They had 4 race only cars in there when my car was there so im assuming they can do crazy work. Whoever else had spintech prostreets recommended them to me a while back so maybe he could post with the name.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

Cobrar96
¯
Member # 3050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobrar96  Ford pictures for Cobrar96  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the shop in fremont is guranteed mufflers and they do great work on exaust setups

[ July 17, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Cobrar96 ]

--------------------
96 SVT DROP 70k
96 Yota 4x4 2.7

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobrar96:
The shop in fremont is call Guranteed Mufflers, ask for BRET, the will install offroad pipes there. just keep it on the DL

- You know this is a public board and there are police on here correct? Edit your post and next time use the pm feature, it looks like this  -

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com