Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Vortech--ProCharger (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Vortech--ProCharger
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am sure this has been asked 100 times, but its getting down to which one I am going to get, both are carb stamped and i want to stay that way. I need some feed back so I can call my Mech and tell him wich one to price out for me....
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Red95PonyGirl
¯
Member # 3027

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Red95PonyGirl  Ford pictures for Red95PonyGirl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go Vortech!!! [burnout]

--------------------
http://photos.yahoo.com/red95ponygirl

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think pro-charger generally gives more power, but Vortech is a better all around blower, IMO.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is your combo and what is your goal?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vortechs are good but they don't give you that much HP. They are good because they are CHEAP. Procharger you get a good blower that gives you more HP per psi BUT they cost ALOT.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vortech has some nice upgrade/exchange plans. Thats part of why I like them. I still say for a street driven mustang, Vortech is the way to go. S-Trim or T-Trim.

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know procharger had a oil seal problem.I would go with paxton novi 2000.it is 50 state legal or vortech-s/ys trim.THE YS is nice I'am installing one in a 95 lightning for a customer.when we are done it will run high/low 11 in the 1/4 Daily driver go with paxton/vortech.
Turbo302
BIGBOYRACING

[ July 02, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go Procharger, if you get the new self contained ones, P1sc they have no seal problems, warrenty, and they come with an intercooler, give more HP than any other brand at the same PSI! Its not even a comparrision IMO!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Red95PonyGirl
¯
Member # 3027

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Red95PonyGirl  Ford pictures for Red95PonyGirl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still say go Vortech! [burnout]

--------------------
http://photos.yahoo.com/red95ponygirl

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Vortechs are good but they don't give you that much HP.

[Confused]

Take your own '98 Cobra for example. There are countless local '96-98 Cobras making the same, if not more RWHP with Vortech S trims.

Come on guys, Vortech S trims are the "K&Ns" of the supercharger world. Everyone has them because they work. You can make 600+ rwhp with an S trim and supporting cast, or you can stick it on a stock 5.O and made 300+ rwhp. There are very few cases that you need anything more than a S trim.

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the air-to-air intercoolers on the Pro-Chargers....Pro-Chargers oil system is also self contained, if you blow your motor your not gonna be replacing your supercharger too...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Procharged98
¯
Member # 2152

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged98  Ford pictures for Procharged98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go Procharger! I haven't had any problems at all. The prices are about the same or a couple of hundred more for the ATI. Just because everyone has a Vortech doesn't mean it's the right thing for you. Call the companies and see which one is willing to spend time with you on the phone and gives you the feedback your looking for. That's what I did and now I have an ATI.
Posts: 24 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Vortechs are good but they don't give you that much HP.

[Confused]

Take your own '98 Cobra for example. There are countless local '96-98 Cobras making the same, if not more RWHP with Vortech S trims.

Come on guys, Vortech S trims are the "K&Ns" of the supercharger world. Everyone has them because they work. You can make 600+ rwhp with an S trim and supporting cast, or you can stick it on a stock 5.O and made 300+ rwhp. There are very few cases that you need anything more than a S trim.

[worship] Im going to agree since I have an S-Trim. [patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

TM88GT
¯
Member # 105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TM88GT  Ford pictures for TM88GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
I like the air-to-air intercoolers on the Pro-Chargers....Pro-Chargers oil system is also self contained, if you blow your motor your not gonna be replacing your supercharger too...

Have you seen how small the tip is on the oil feed line for a Vortech? It's way too small for any damaging engine particles to get thru.

[ July 02, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: TM88GT ]

Posts: 142 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
--Procharger-- [patriot]
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TM88GT:
quote:

Have you seen how small the tip is on the oil feed line for a Vortech? It's way too small for any damaging engine particles to get thru.
[Roll Eyes] Do you know how small metal particles can become?....What if your car has very high oil pressure, that will fuck the seal up in the Vortech...What happens if you forget to check your oil and run a couple of quarts low?...You will not only starve your engine, but you will also starve the blower....You will also void your warranty when the dealer see's a hole that has been tapped in your oil pan....Its just better to have seperate oiling systems...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think a Paxton Novi 1000 is the best blower for modular mustangs. Steeda autosports and Sean Hyland use Paxton's on their turn key cars with great success. If I ever make up my mind about putting a blower on my cobra, I will definatly go with a Paxton Novi 1000. By the way, Vortech and Paxton are one company owned by the same people.

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black94 5.0 - Think of some of the fastest local 4.6L's around that have blown their motor going down the track ( http://www.cafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/wickd281_kaboom.mpg ). They all had Vortech S trims, blew the motor and the blower survived just fine. I suppose oil cooled turbos are "bad" as well?
If you run your car low on oil, you're probably in the wrong hobby so that's a non issue as well.

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

quote:

If you run your car low on oil, you're probably in the wrong hobby so that's a non issue as well.

[patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:
quote:

[patriot]
Ha ha ha you guys kill me , so who in the bay will install a proCharger?
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Black94 5.0 - Think of some of the fastest local 4.6L's around that have blown their motor going down the track ( http://www.cafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/wickd281_kaboom.mpg ). They all had Vortech S trims, blew the motor and the blower survived just fine. I suppose oil cooled turbos are "bad" as well?

I have an "oil cooled" and "water cooled" turbo on my Merkur...I always check my oil everytime I fill my car up with gas...I have to.. [Big Grin]

Sawson [Roll Eyes] , my point on the self contained oil system is that the quality of oil is WAY BETTER than the oil fed blowers.....Not only is the oil quality better, but the oil temperature goes down too...Think about it, its not getting circulated through a hot engine.....

Vortech superchargers are sick [worship] , but I like the added features (air-to-air intercooler & oil system) on the ATI Pro-charger better....

Ask your buddy, John Giasi which he likes better.... [Wink]

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

quote:
Originally posted by SteedaGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0:
quote:

[patriot]
Ha ha ha you guys kill me , so who in the bay will install a proCharger?
Get a Vortech and ill give you a killer deal on the install. [patriot]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

QUOTE]Get a Vortech and ill give you a killer deal on the install. [patriot] [/QB][/QUOTE]
Do you have a shop or are you talking about your house? Can you get deals on the chargers yourself?

91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

quote:
Originally posted by SteedaGT:
QUOTE]Get a Vortech and ill give you a killer deal on the install. [patriot]

Do you have a shop or are you talking about your house? Can you get deals on the chargers yourself?[/QB][/QUOTE]
no, I do side jobs out of my garage. No deals on the blowers. I wish. [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

TM88GT
¯
Member # 105

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TM88GT  Ford pictures for TM88GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I have an "oil cooled" and "water cooled" turbo on my Merkur...I always check my oil everytime I fill my car up with gas...I have to.. [Big Grin]

Sawson [Roll Eyes] , my point on the self contained oil system is that the quality of oil is WAY BETTER than the oil fed blowers.....Not only is the oil quality better, but the oil temperature goes down too...Think about it, its not getting circulated through a hot engine.....

Vortech superchargers are sick [worship] , but I like the added features (air-to-air intercooler & oil system) on the ATI Pro-charger better....

Ask your buddy, John Giasi which he likes better.... [Wink]

#1 - John Giasi doesn't run a self-contained Procharger. He runs a D2R which gets it's oil from....guess where......engine oil

#2 - this is what happens to the self-contained, better oil using, non-seal issue having ATI's http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=326121

#3 - If you're going to get an ATI, DO NOT GET THE SELF-CONTAINED UNITS.

My .02 + .01

Posts: 142 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com