Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » a/c delete

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: a/c delete
-NORCALCOBRA-
¯
Member # 2383

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for -NORCALCOBRA-  Ford pictures for -NORCALCOBRA-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do i have to do to pull of the a/c out of my 88 gt trying to build like the ultimate budget car while my cobra is down.. can i use just a shorter belt or is there a bracket i will need with a idler pully on it and do i just cap the hoses thanks

--------------------
H.C.I 285 ci. ported 2003 heads heads, Sullivan Intake, stage 3 cams..T-76 single turbo to come...
R.M.I cylinder head fabrication
408 986 8626

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a bracket you need. Check any mag, summit, jegs, ect....

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't get that march one or whatever its called. Just go and order the one from Ford. It looks a hell of a lot better and plus it's ford so it will fit right.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread has everything that you'll need to do the delete.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

--------------------
Support our troops!

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:

Do you Still have the Part number from Summit on those FMS Brakets?

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:
quote:

Do you Still have the Part number from Summit on those FMS Brakets?
FMS-M-8511-A50

--------------------
Support our troops!

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since ur doin a buget built racer flip the belt tensioner bracket upside down so the tension goes up ward and it solves the problem no short belt needed and what will u be doin with the old A/C equitment because im in need of the a/c stuff.
thanks let me know whats up

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
don't get that march one or whatever its called. Just go and order the one from Ford. It looks a hell of a lot better and plus it's ford so it will fit right.

What the hell you takin about dont look good and dont fit right?

http://www.californiafords.com/images/shows/02_22_03/DSC02788.JPG

My shit looks tight and fit without a prob! Never once had a prob!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The March A/C delete works great in my car. Looks just like mustanggt5091's but no powdercoated performer. I think the ford piece looks funny and it is two pieces. Check your info first on it bro.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Quick88LX,
The FMS AC Delete looks more factory than the march system. I have also heard of belts slipping because the tensioner couldnt keep it tight enough after it was relocated in the march ac delete kit.

The FMS AC delete looks way better IMO and I am sure others will agree.

--------------------
Support our troops!

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well looks are your opinion but, I know way to many people that have had problems, bent, and broke the FRPP one! Just trying to watch out for ya!

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
Well looks are your opinion but, I know way to many people that have had problems, bent, and broke the FRPP one! Just trying to watch out for ya!

Don't you have the UPR kit with the dummy pulley?

--------------------
Support our troops!

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Quick88LX,
The FMS AC Delete looks more factory than the march system. I have also heard of belts slipping because the tensioner couldnt keep it tight enough after it was relocated in the march ac delete kit.

thank you for the help on the subject. I have heard from a lot of people not to go with the March Kit for those exact same reasons. I have not heard anything bad about the one from Ford. They wouldn't make something a piece of crap that has to do with something as vital as the belt.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Quick88LX,

thank you for the help on the subject. I have heard from a lot of people not to go with the March Kit for those exact same reasons. I have not heard anything bad about the one from Ford. They wouldn't make something a piece of crap that has to do with something as vital as the belt.
The belt is Vital? damn I better buy one then maybe thats why I keep over heating and getting all these dead batteries...

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Yup I do have the UPR kit! Cheap and works great, even on a 351w! [patriot]

--------------------

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No dummy pulley here, all the March or UPR kit does is flip the tensioner. I guess we all just found out that both kits work equally well. Whoever is spittin bull about certain kits always failing to wirk is full of it: [BS flag]
Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you take out the a/c and smog pump you can just get a smaller belt. I will find out the size that I used and pm you.
bimmer24
¯
Member # 2450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bimmer24  Ford pictures for bimmer24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's the Good Year Gaterback part #4060710

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com