Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 3" exhaust.... HELP or HURT????? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3" exhaust.... HELP or HURT?????
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeff S- I'm still running the fuel system with a 255 high pressure pump no external, 42psi injecters, pump gas with a bottle of octane boost
3922 plugs with out the box 6037 box stock edelbrock heads,
the A/F was up and down from 12.1-11.8,before the 3in exhaust the a/f reading was 12.3:1, the 3in exhaust must of richin it. My intake manafoldis a TFS-R untouched, with 1 5/8 longtube bbk headers and a TFS stage 2 cam, I have no FMU or chip. thats pretty my set up, oh its a 331 with 8.7:1 compression, I have plans for a fuel later on when I replace the heads.
thanks

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for got to mention its still the stock fuel system and stock A9L computer.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

My timing was set at 8 intial.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your two cars (Jeff and Tony) are very similar. You both have lx's, high HP 331 combinations, and Steeda wings.

Both of you [patriot]

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forced331,

I'm curious what your peak torque was with the R-series intake? Also at what rpm where your peak HP and torque?

[patriot]

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

My peak tq was 512rwtq @ 5500rpm and rwhp was 558rwhp @ 6100rpm

--------------------

forced331
¯
Member # 1270

The guy at the dyno let off @ 6k rpm, horsepower was still climbing acording to the graph. 6 months ago I dynoed it I went up to 6400 and my peak was at 6250 who knows with the 3inch. i will try it again and go to 6500 when I get a better fuel system.

--------------------

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Norgs
¯
Member # 649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norgs  Ford pictures for Norgs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
3" would definately help!

--------------------
R.I.P. Miles 12/8/02
R.I.P. Mike 12-2-03 cant believe it. gonna miss u man!!

Posts: 1031 | From: Tempe...formally San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown Mystic:
[Confused]

It is not a kit that can be purchased. It was done for testing purposes and will cost approx. $1,400 for the system that Tony has, "IF" it is ever mass produced.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All i want to know is who can bend some pipes over the rear axle. there is no way that should cost 1400

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Yes, this work would cost just about that! That is why the system will most likely never be produced. The kit and work are not available. Sorry.

--------------------

rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blown Mystic:
All i want to know is who can bend some pipes over the rear axle. there is no way that should cost 1400

Try Sandersons in south city I think. They did some work for me and they have 3" mandrel!

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ther caould be a way.. MAC sells there 3" cat back with tail pipes.. I dont see why no one else can make it for you.. Maybe no skills???

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Tell Mac that the car is lowered at least 1 1/2 inches and see what they say [Big Grin]

--------------------

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It takes a lot of time to fit up and weld short pieces of bent tubing.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com