Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hung over radiator (keeps pukeing)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hung over radiator (keeps pukeing)
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got the GT running yesterday and the over flow keeps flowing even just at normal temps. I put on a new 16lbs cap (w/ flip top) and it still does the same thing. Also even when the over flow is flowing their is no presure on the top hose so I know it is not a to hot and to much psi thing. Any ideas? Also the seat of the radiator loks fine.

--------------------
71 Bronco stock (for now) w/59k miles.
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Posts: 448 | From: Winters Ca. | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokcrln  Ford pictures for rokcrln    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You mean out of all your brains no one has any ideas!

--------------------
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just majorly shooting in the dark here.... you mentioned in another post that you put in a marine 302 in your GT. Did that motor have a standard rotation or reverse rotation water pump? Factory 5.O's & factory belt routing (obviously) is for reverse rotation pumps.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you have all the air out of your coolant system.....

The best way to do this is to have a bleeder valve at the highest point that the coolant flows.....

On Stock Mustangs you can just add water with the cap off, untill it over flows... Make sure you have the rpm's up while your adding the water and squeeze the upper radiator hose to make sure you get the rest of the air out..

.......And I hope that you dont have a blown head gasket...Your Coolants not milky, is it?

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
rokcrln
¯
Member # 2536

As far as the boat motor yes it is standard rotation but has now been changed to reverse.

All air is out and head gaskets are good, water is nice and clear green.

I got it to hold psi now by adding a second radiator cap gasket to the cap( the smaller one that sit's in the bottom of the neck). Before it held no psi. I just got back from a test drive for about 10 miles of hard driving and it ran nice and cool. Jumped on the freeway hit 130 as I got in forth. Feels great.

--------------------
73 Bronco EFI 351W
71 Chevy PU w/Vett LT1

ci$ko
¯
Member # 2425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ci$ko  Ford pictures for ci$ko    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my chevy was doing that and i put in restrictor plates and she ran fine =) now its sold muhahah

--------------------
2000 GT for sale
89 lx burning up slicks at a track near you
91 bottled gt sold :/
72 chevelle

Posts: 1286 | From: valleJo .7o7. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com