Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Is there any local shop that can recalibrate Pro-M Air meters?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Is there any local shop that can recalibrate Pro-M Air meters?
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might get a used one, but need it to be recalibrated. Anyone know anyone local?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
apex might ba able to. but im pretty sure you have to send it back to the manufactuer

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only Pro-M has the machine to do this. You have to send it back to Pro-M, no other way around it.
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Granitelli is the west coast dealer for Pro-M...Granitelli is located down south in L.A. somewhere..It takes atleast 3 days to re-calibrate a MAF

http://www.granatellimotorsports.com

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
ray95
¯
Member # 752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ray95  Ford pictures for ray95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure if Pro-M changed there policy again but I think you can directly send the unit to them again. The fee is about $100 unless it's a warranty issue.

Granatelli just sends the meters to Pro-M. So just cut the middle man out IF you can send it to Pro-M.

Posts: 895 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ray95:
I'm not sure if Pro-M changed there policy again but I think you can directly send the unit to them again. The fee is about $100 unless it's a warranty issue.

Granatelli just sends the meters to Pro-M. So just cut the middle man out IF you can send it to Pro-M.

$100 fuck that I might as well get a new one.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn:
quote:

Yes, $100 is standard for a re-cal. That's nothing compared to buying a new one. Depending where you go, they can cost up to $400 or more.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I just called Granetelli and asked them if they still re-calibrated Pro-M's, and they said NO!!...

When I was having problems with my Pro-M they offered the re-calibration service to me [Confused] ...

The Granitelli sales rep told me they're overwelmed with Pro-M's right now and just to send it to "Pro-M" directly....In a couple of months they should be cought up and able to re-calibrate Pro-M's again...

So, I guess you do have to send it straight to Pro-M... [Frown]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by VortechSaleen:
quote:
quote:

Yes, $100 is standard for a re-cal. That's nothing compared to buying a new one. Depending where you go, they can cost up to $400 or more.
Well I was thinking about buying a used one for $75, so that added to $100, is almost the price of a new one. So I will just get a new one.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Bill/APEX Motorsports
¯
Member # 636

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Ford pictures for Bill/APEX Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

The Granitelli sales rep told me they're overwelmed with Pro-M's right now and just to send it to "Pro-M" directly....In a couple of months they should be cought up and able to re-calibrate Pro-M's again...

Ha! That's funny. Granatelli screwed over Pro-M one too many times and has been CUT OFF as a Pro-M dealer. Check out Pro-M's announcement on their website: Pro-M/Granatelli

Yes, you'll have to send your meter directly to Pro-M fore recalibrating.

[ April 21, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Bill/APEX Motorsports ]

--------------------
Bill Kaiser
APEX Motorsports
Santa Clara
www.apexmotorsports.com
408-562-1000
bill@apexmotorsports.com

Posts: 488 | From: Santa Clara, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Might get a used one, but need it to be recalibrated. Anyone know anyone local?

You don't need to recalibrate if you get an aftermarket chip that allows you to enter the MAF transfer function, assuming you are able to get that data along with the MAF. Pro-M ships the voltage/airflow mapping with their new MAFs.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com