Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » questions...performance, and hesistation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: questions...performance, and hesistation
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just purchased a 96 saleen s281 # 960174 which i am very proud of because i got it for 10,000 with only 38,000 miles on it, with a clear title. i was just curious which kind of run would i look at with a saleen 4.6 bbk cold air, bbk pullies, borla exhaust, bbk off road x pipe, and 3:55 gears? also i want to trash the optional 3:55, so what gears should i go with im leaning towards 4:10's. Also the car hesistates when i step on it its like not getting enough fuel or something very fustrating because i dont wanna race right now and get smoked because of it? also the cars splash guards are missing and on my way home from san jose it was raining hard and my cone is in the fenderwell so i think the car was getting water in it because it was boggin like a son of a bitch. dont want to blow my baby so please give me some helpful info, also a new member!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your wires and plugs for your hesitation problem. The Saleen front bumper actually does allow water to easily splash the filter, I'd also avoid going over puddles or heavily wet roads. You can also look into shielding the filter in some way. Pro-M makes a sheet metal piece that does a pretty good job.

If you ditch the 3.55's, next up would be 3.73's..you probably won't feel the difference...unless you go w/ the 4.10's. That Saleen should already come w/ Borlas...an o/r Bassani would do just fine.

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was just curious what type of quarter mile time would i look at with my bolt on's that i have put on the car.... bbk off road x pipe, it came with borlas, bbk cold air kit, 3:55 gears that came on it, and bbk pullies? the ford dealership did a full service tune for me but i ddint have enough money for plugs, but they told me i had water in the plugs?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com