Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » For thoes of you who like nitrous........! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: For thoes of you who like nitrous........!
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And I almost forgot, Thank you Eric, for clarifying some things.....I was looking for the bashing..... [Smile]

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hydro locking will also break crankshafts as well even with bullitproof setups. watch for leaking injectors one of thoes killed the crank on a 7.3 powerstroke engine [Eek!] , that is hard to believe. as for the 94 cobra, it was the nitrous that caused that the main bearings and rod bearings did not show any signs of detonation and as for the stock forged pistons they were in like new condition..

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No prob Zim.....LOL

You are right HP is HP. Thats what I was trying to say.

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
like i said, i dont know anything about nitrous, i haven't bothered to learn yet. No I am not making 850hp but it'll be somewhere close (and it's not a slock block either), I just don't have an exact figure yet.
BTW, when do you plan on having everything back together and running again? Also what ever happend with that guy chuck's blue big block chevelle?

Eric, yeah that was me. Guess you did know me from somewhere. How did you figure out that was me and how did you recognize me in the first place? Also where was your car, I'd like to see it run. We'll be in Vegas.
It was nice "sorta" meeting you, Chris.

hahahah, eric jerkin it.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/punkguy408/vwp?.dir=/PSCA_Winter_Nationals&.src=ph&.dnm=Jeff+Piazza%27s+crazy+nova.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/punkguy408/lst%3f%26.dir=/PSCA_Winter_Nationals%26.src=ph%26.view=t

[ February 11, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: SIR Paint Job w/ '84 TercelOnYoMama ]

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im just good with faces. Thats why I remembered who you were.

As for my car, I was testing in Vegas and ran a couple of ok runs. 10.00's on the motor and 9.43 on the bottle. The next day we put it back in the chassis dyno to try a different n20 plate and I guess I blew a head gasket or lifted the heasds but didnt know. It leaked water in a couple of cylinders and I didnt check it for 2 months. So, I wound up with a frozen block! So, I am down for awhile.

Damn Nitrous......LOL

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man that's rough, you run true street right?

i'd love to run wild street but they don't allow modified frame rails so i'm suck watching my sister have fun in open comp.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

yes it is rough. I am still planning on T/S. How modified are your frame rails? The tech guys are really stupid there so I bet you can get away with it and go have some fun!

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

you know where the stock rail comes up at the top of the rear wheel well? well right where it starts to bend out tword the tire, i cut that out all the way to the back of the car. then welded in 2x3" tube straight back, and a 2x3" tube connecting the two by the bumper. the wheel wells were moved in like 3" and all the sheet metal in the trunk is new (but looks stock because it's all undercoated).

I fit 325/50/r15 drag radials with a good 1" clearance on both sides of the tires. I did it for street racing but now it doesn't fit any "realistic" classes. Especially the FFW true street class.

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

just go and run it. They wont figure out anything! You gotta remember, the guys running tech at the PSCA are one step above the v-tech crowd! There fucking stupid!

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

do you think they'll notice my lack of cage? or should i get that in before july?
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

knowing them they probably wont!! But I would put it in if you are planning on going fast! Just my opinion though.

Peace

--------------------
I like cars.

Chris M.
Member # 1708

yeah, yesterday i got $400 for my birthday and today i got $200 for having 1 of the top 3 grades in my class [Big Grin] and my bank mailed me something that said i had $1,400 in my "vacation" fund so it looks like i might have it in sooner than i thought.

are you going to be in las vegas with jeff?
also i saw that he has to move to x-street? why, what rule got him kicked out of real street?

Darth Vetter
¯
Member # 2458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darth Vetter  Ford pictures for Darth Vetter  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the old words of some clint eastwood type racer, "bottles are for babies, real men get blown" [patriot]

--------------------
01 SHM Saleen S281 (SOLD)
65 Fastback
84 Vette
98 Lincoln

WWW.BLACKTRAX.NET

Posts: 2021 | From: san jose, ca | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, Mr. Clint Eastwood racer, step up to this baby and get BLOWN! Ill show you what babies are made of..... [Smile]

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIR Paint Job w/ '84 TercelOnYoMama:
do you think they'll notice my lack of cage? or should i get that in before july?

ill contest it..................hehe j/k

yeah dude i have seen alot of shit pass thru tech that shouldnt have i think they are more worried about car count than anything.

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Chris M.
Member # 1708

dont worry the car wont be able to beat you... but the driver might.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com