Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » long tubes on a 4.6 mustang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: long tubes on a 4.6 mustang
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was looking at my engine bay when i picked up my motor and i got to thinking how much of a tight fit is it gonna be for long tubes.next question is which ones should i go with the bbk's r cheaper but i heard the hookers r a little bit better made but there more $.anyone who has done the longtube swap have any insight on this

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out:

http://www.fnsweet.com/garage/lt_install/index.shtml

While you're at it, check out the rest of that site. Its really well done and FNSWEET has been a strong long time supporter of CaliforniaFords.com

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
right on sawson but theres got to be a better way i already have the motor out of the car.

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it depends on how much power you plan on making. BBK's are fine but if your going to try to break 500rwhp i would get the hookers

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

i hoping 325 to the wheels n/a,and then using the jug for another 150 or so.
but im worried about clearence problems [Big Grin]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I called Jet-Hot today about getting Headers from them. They Quoted me $800 to the door for the coated Hooker LTs and Xpipe and they will let you make two payments.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

what about that group purchase someone was working on
[patriot]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For real!!!! What about that group purchase that was going down a while ago??

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1784 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

so who was checking into that group purchase was he one of the guys that got banned off of the site? [Confused]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Someone needs to check into that, anyone want to get together to group purchase some MAC prochambers?

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am also looking forward to that Group Purchase. I would definitely sign up for that, especially if we are looking at the Hooker headers. The Corral had a GP a while back on Hooker and got both Headers & X-pipe for under $600. [Eek!]
I would like to look into it but I am too busy between work and school.

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a GP somewhat in the making (I hope) going on at the Corral.

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=236137

No prices are announced yet, he's supposedly working on it. I've also called Jet-Hot and got the same price as Mark....$800 for the set (4.6 2V).

Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
J's DDLY SNK
¯
Member # 2016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's DDLY SNK  Ford pictures for J's DDLY SNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VortechSaleen:

No prices are announced yet, he's supposedly working on it. I've also called Jet-Hot and got the same price as Mark....$800 for the set (4.6 2V).

Good looking out! [patriot]

--------------------
Rest In Peace
Juan Moya "The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05
We Will Never Forget You

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
I called Jet-Hot today about getting Headers from them. They Quoted me $800 to the door for the coated Hooker LTs and Xpipe and they will let you make two payments.

NO MORE MODS FOR U!!!!

[Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good looking out!

yeah thanks for the info since who ever was going to check into that group purchase on this forum seems like he fell on the face of the earth. [Big Grin] [patriot]
j/k

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/shm_cobrainfo_pg1_7.shtml

SHM headers are expensive....I've never really seen these on a car...I heard these headers are great for high HP cars....I know the quality of my BBK headers sucks!...I would go with anything else other than BBK...If your heads are ported the cyl.head ports will not match the BBK header ports very well at all....If you do go with BBK I recommend going with different header bolts...I know too many people that have broken the BBK header bolts in the head! [Mad]

[ February 07, 2003, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Black94 5.0 ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4.6 EATIN GM'S:
quote:

Good looking out!

yeah thanks for the info since who ever was going to check into that group purchase on this forum seems like he fell on the face of the earth. [Big Grin] [patriot]
j/k

Ya..notice I said "somewhat" in the making....I kind of figured the dipshit started something he couldn't finish.
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be ordering my Hookers tomorrow if there open otherwise on Monday [Big Grin]
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

quote:
I'll be ordering my Hookers tomorrow if there open otherwise on Monday [Big Grin]

Hey Mark...are you just gonna go w/ the $800 package?....if so...maybe we can make a deal w/ Jet-Hot [Big Grin] [Cool]
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ya im gonna go with the $800. I want to get them on before Palmdale. I'll ask them when I call if they can cut a better deal for us. I'll try calling them before I leave for the track.
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

quote:
Ya im gonna go with the $800. I want to get them on before Palmdale. I'll ask them when I call if they can cut a better deal for us. I'll try calling them before I leave for the track.

Cool..if they do..I'd definitely be in. Just drop me an email or PM if u find out anything new..otherwise till Monday. Thanks Mark
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

anyone else want to go in on that group purchase
[dance]

--------------------
2011 Tahoe

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

I called Jet-Hot. $800 the best price they can give us.
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

quote:
I called Jet-Hot. $800 the best price they can give us.

Thanks for checking.

I'll probably just go w/ the headers only...I want a change in sound and want to quiet down the noise some. Probably going w/ a BBK catted H.

Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there an easier way for the instal of long tubes?

Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com