Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » SuperCharger installed - Car wont start

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SuperCharger installed - Car wont start
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So me and 00Knightmare just got everything connected and the bummer is the car turns over, you can hear the jets clickin awayand you can smell gas out the pipes but NOTHING!

So far we haev tried it with the chip in and with the chip out but still nothing

I cannot figure it out

I rechecked EVERY Connector 5 times at least including the coil pack but still nothing. I have a couple questino for you all, and throw some ideas out pls

first the Fuel Pump IS working cause were getting pressure at the shrader valve

42Lbs Jets
90MM Lighting MAF
Vortech S-Trim
PowerPipe

SAo here are my questins

1: Will a 2000GT Mustang start with the MAF disconnected

2: Will a 2000gt start witha broken MAF wire (not likely this is it but just checkin

3: Will it start with out the ACT ( the sensor in the intake pipe) plugged in

4: If the chip was out, so stock computer, wouild it start with 42lbs jets and the 90 MM MAF

what else guys?

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like maybe the MAF might be bad

the car should start right up with out the chip and 42# injectors

im not sure if you can start the car with out the MAF in place
But I think you can try disconnecting it

the car start with out the ACT in the intake that just reads the air temp

only thing I can tell you is a sensor is bad or not connected properly

[ January 24, 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1- Yes, the EEC doesn't even use the MAF to start the car (not enough air flow) and it sense's a disconnected MAF and tries to use a different stratagy to keep the motor alive.

2- Read above

3- The EEC will just use a different stratagy to retard timing when the ACT is unpluged.

4- It depends. The 42 lbs injectors will pump in twice as much gas as the EEC thinks its pumping in durring cranking. You could be flooding the motor. Can you start the car by flooring the gas pedal? This turns off the injectors durring cranking incase the motor is flooded.

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car should start with out the MAF.. The car runs off of the o2 sensors at idel. The MAF works when the car is in motion and will ignore the o2 sensors.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike how long did you have scotts car down putting the blower on? I am asking this because if you hear the fuel pump prime and the starter click it just sounds like the battery is dead. If its not that check the solenoid and after that check teh starter. You can do this by using a remote starter. If you want call me up and I can come stop by and help you guys.

--------------------
Support our troops!

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx forr the reply's. we got it started now. the problem was the chip was missinstalled so when we tried to start it it would'nt turn and it flooded the engine. so we tried again this morning and held the gas all the way down while starting it and it fired right up and no problems since. and the little we got on it so far it feels sooo fast. [burnout]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on finally getting that vortech installed. I'm sure its a lot more fun on your car then it was in your closet. I hope you have good luck with it all, and lets hear some numbers once you get that thing dyno'd.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00NIGHTMARE:
thanx forr the reply's. we got it started now. the problem was the chip was missinstalled so when we tried to start it it would'nt turn and it flooded the engine. so we tried again this morning and held the gas all the way down while starting it and it fired right up and no problems since. and the little we got on it so far it feels sooo fast. [burnout]

Cool. I'm glad I could help
[patriot]

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott did you get the polished or satin vortech?

--------------------
Support our troops!

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
Scott did you get the polished or satin vortech?

i got the satin one. we still have to relocate the sensor in the intake pipe. will installing it like 6"'s higher that were it should be cause any problems?

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sweet car 00nightmare.....

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is fuckin tight now [Smile] im happy we didnt have any hickups

91Sleeper we had the car down for a couple days and spent a total of 7 hours on it Not bad for my first vortech [Smile]

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nightmare, time to update your sig.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com