Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » one word of advice to those with 4.6 engines (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: one word of advice to those with 4.6 engines
Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.6 motors actually have 6 bolt mains like the 427's did.
sorry to hear that bro it really sucks to have a car ur still payin on when u dont have a motor for it.i havent driven my car in over a year,but the motor is almost done.

Ford FE 427 were 4 bolt cross bolted mains . 2v iron 4.6 are also 4 bolt cross bolted mains, but the 4v allum 4.6 are 6 bolt cross bolted mains.

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
update i just bought that engine from steve for 1100 so that gettin installed hopefully i should be riding again late next week im keepin my broken engine and by fall or winter of 03 that engine should be ready to go with 11:01 comp race ported heads,lethal weapon intake by sd wheeler,cams,3500 stall with trans brake im hoping for 11's on motor and 10's with the nx fogger kit coming out in january

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
update i just bought that engine from steve for 1100 so that gettin installed hopefully i should be riding again late next week im keepin my broken engine and by fall or winter of 03 that engine should be ready to go with 11:01 comp race ported heads,lethal weapon intake by sd wheeler,cams,3500 stall with trans brake im hoping for 11's on motor and 10's with the nx fogger kit coming out in january

Good to hear Eric

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com