Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » can i fit a big block ford in a 65 fastback

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: can i fit a big block ford in a 65 fastback
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what size motor xan i fit in my 65 fastback without stroking a motor and without cutting the shock towers. if i havew to cut them where and what kit do i need costs anyone??

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can fit what ever you want in there. just depends on how creative and how much cash you got. but a big block will be a tight fit [Eek!]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ps does anyone hahve a pic of this or a website dedicated to it

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha ha changing your plans i see....no matter how hard you try you will never beat the maro...big block or small block you will lose.... i got a hook up on a 460 if your interested.....

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

give over the info i might already have one but 2 are better.. i want more cubic inches then anyone and you know who i mean..(cubic inches means the best right?) hahahaha

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
500 and ill even drop it off for you....well you would be only about 112 cubic inches behind a certain 572 camaro that i know of..... keep trying though..... one day you can play with us big boys

--------------------

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

sorry dude there aint no us in there... you just = doormat.....youll cee what i mean later on...any how i was thinkin 608 but if you 572 that means your lackin 36 inches well not you exactly but its ok ya hey what is the motor you have?

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

you forget one thing.....you have no skillz and you dont keep cars for more than a month or so, so i am pretty sure youll be selling it in a few more weeks... oh yeah it takes money to build a 608.....mr r1

--------------------

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

2300$ bucks for the kit and 2 weeks wait no biggie considering turbos were 6000$ and 3 months so i got the doe to do it well just see if i want to pull the motor to change the plugs....dont forget there is 2 things the 572 will NEVER see..
1....YOU behind the steering wheel it is bolted to and ....
2.... any sort of race track so...

all that work and no fun for robb only blah blah blah blah then.......SOLD to the highest bidder on ebay hahahahahaha

--------------------

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

oh ya i hope your not trying to sell me that piece of crap block that is in pieces and you got for 300$$$$?

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not positive but I think you need a 67 and up to nicely get a big block to fit.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

thanks for the response hidden that was what i was seeing online i justthought someone locally might have one to look at..appparently changing spark plugs is very very hard

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

it is only hard for someone who doesnt know what a wrench is.... ha ha that was funny

--------------------

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

r1
Member # 1144

posted November 20, 2002 10:22 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2300$ bucks for the kit and 2 weeks wait no biggie considering turbos were 6000$ and 3 months so i got the doe to do it well just see if i want to pull the motor to change the plugs....dont forget there is 2 things the 572 will NEVER see..
1....YOU behind the steering wheel it is bolted to and ....
2.... any sort of race track so...

all that work and no fun for robb only blah blah blah blah then.......SOLD to the highest bidder on ebay hahahahahaha

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 255 | From: bay | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged

part 3 to that stuff thata motor will never see is...

#3 100 miles being that you built it or if you didnt you at least toughed it adn that is enough evidence for me to believe it aint gonna make it.....lol did you check the head gaskets or the clearances at all?..ohhhhhhhh this one was low ...damn i am good

--------------------

CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't fit a big block in a 65 unless you cut the shock towers and even then it would be tight. Some 67/68s came with room to fit big block, mostly the GTs and Shelbys, and then other years to follow depending on the car. I would stick with a 351w and stroke it if you have to. I personally have never seen a big block 65/66.

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I prolly have no idea and will be talking out of my ass here for half of it. But wouldnt mustang II suspension to get you more room under the hood work, and the get a 514 BB from Ford. You can stroke out the 514 to atleast 604 cubic inches. So with that, you could say to that maro...I have a 10L V8...talk to me when u hit the 600 cubic inch mark. Look into the mustang II suspension more, becuase I have heard many people using it to gain space for bigger engines.

Josh

Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was just about to suggest the mustang ii suspension before i saw that there was a second page to this post. joe...ive seen it done before, ill surf the web and see if i can find another one. anything is possible.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

alright guys thanks for all your help

--------------------

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought the question was would it fit while KEEPING the shock towers, if that is the case then no. however heidt's sells a mustangII style front suspention kit that welds onto your stock frame for only $1,675. Looks like a VERY easy install too.

BTW, ChicoStang w/ GF
a 514 is already a stroked 460 so you wouldn't really say you're going to stroke a 514 since it's already a stroker.

just build an IHRA pro stock 814, 6's all motor.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
814??? [Eek!] How do u get that? Using the 427 block..cause the 460 is just a stroked 427. So you are telling me the 427 can be stroked to a 604...and then even an 814? I thought Ford sold the 427/260 block, and then a 2nd big block being the 514? For some reason I have always thought that. Thnx for the info then. [worship]
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
cgamino89
¯
Member # 2020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cgamino89  Ford pictures for cgamino89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would try to call the people at mustang plus there # is i-800-999-4289 they will be able to tell you everything you need to know i have never seen or heard of a big block in a 65-66 but anything is possible for the right price i guess you should go with a stroked 351W if you want to get a little difrent you can go with a fuel injected set up and maybe put a supercharger or a nitrous kit just an idea hope this helps
Posts: 164 | From: redwood city | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is not a 65 but same idea, i hope this link works...  -

-

--------------------
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

....nor is that a big block. but im sure one will fit.  -

--------------------
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

thanks chris and thanks cezar...damn j you got some dope ass pics im gonna have to hook the fastback up!!!!!!

--------------------

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have heard that the hiedts MII kits are garbage(ie not very strong) check out the offerings from rod and custom motorsports and chris alston. MII is the only way you will be able to fit the 429/460 block into a 65/66, 67+ it is do-able(check out fordmuscle.com)
www.rcmotorsports.net
www.cachassisworks.com

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com