Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 3.55 Just Arived, Now Where To Get Them Installed?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 3.55 Just Arived, Now Where To Get Them Installed?
JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JdubO7  Ford pictures for JdubO7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just got my gears and need to reputable shop that can install them. Please give me your honest opinions on the best place to go. I live in Newark/Fremont/Hayward area.

Thanks Guys

--------------------
Dynomax Mufflers/Headers/Pullies
65mm TB/76mm MAF System w/K&N
Hurst Short Shift/MSD Ignition
Electric Fan/3 Core Radiator
Ford 3.55's

Waiting in living room for install:
King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.rearendspecialties.com

That is all you need to know!! [patriot]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it too late for you to return them and get 3.73's or 3.90's instead?
Procharged2Kv6
¯
Member # 1563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Procharged2Kv6  Ford pictures for Procharged2Kv6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yup ..

rearendspecialties

thats where i went.. i'm VERRY satisfied with them..real fast and honest work!

--------------------
2006 C6 Victory Red
Manual 6 Speed
Stock, For Now!

*SOLD*2003 Cobra Vert
*SOLD*Supercharged V6 Stang
(11PSI)

Posts: 579 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Is it too late for you to return them and get 3.73's or 3.90's instead?

took the words right out of my mouth.
Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to GnJ autosports in Milpitas, They did mine and have been doing Gears and other stuff for well over Ten years and Use to work at another REputable shop and started his own.

The number is 408-945-1900

give them a call and you wont regret it. He (Owner)has also been to a few car showing GTG.

./Matt

JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JdubO7  Ford pictures for JdubO7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I could sell them and get 3.73's but I used the freeway enough to not want them. I thought the 3.55's would be a good medium. Won't they still make a huge difference? I'm not really every at the track and I don't tear around town all that much. Thanks for the shop info!!

--------------------
Ford 3.55's

King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 07:
I guess I could sell them and get 3.73's but I used the freeway enough to not want them. I thought the 3.55's would be a good medium. Won't they still make a huge difference? I'm not really every at the track and I don't tear around town all that much. Thanks for the shop info!!

You'll feel a difference for sure...but you'll probably be like, "That's it? [Confused] " And then you'll wish you had more.

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
quote:
Originally posted by 07:

You'll feel a difference for sure...but you'll probably be like, "That's it? [Confused] " And then you'll wish you had more.
That may be so...at least they are only a couple hundred dollars. the 3.55's I got for $135. with the little mods I have now its more power than anything I have driven before...I have only honda accords and cars like that to compair to so 3.55 should be alright for the time being. thanks for all the advise!!! i'm starting to wonder if I should have went with the 3.73's oh well.

--------------------
Ford 3.55's

King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, 3.55's are decent but its hardly anything. I use to have 3.73's and I loved them alot. I have 4.10's and I love these ones as well. but honestly in my own opinion u should have gotten some 3.73's. I live in San Jose and use to drive up 680 to work in Fremont. 3.73's were great on the highway, I use to race a Black 95'Porsche on 680 all the time and I pulled on him easyily with the gears @65MPH(of course i would down shift). Now with 4.10's that even great to. My bro "J's DDLY SNK" has 4.30's, I thought that was crazy but he says its not even as bad as everyone thought is was going to be. Well, hope you like the gears.

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeremy,
stick with the 3:55's. That is more than enough gear for you. Trust me you will ike it. Go to rearendspecialty's like evybody said. They do great work, and stand by it.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
JdubO7
¯
Member # 1973

quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Jeremy,
stick with the 3:55's. That is more than enough gear for you. Trust me you will ike it. Go to rearendspecialty's like evybody said. They do great work, and stand by it.

Thanks, just got off the phone with them $205 to get them put in. I have to wait till christmas:( oh another question sorry if its retarded, but should I put my cluth in before or after the gears or does it even matter? [Razz]

--------------------
Ford 3.55's

King Cobra Cluth

Looking for deals on:
Pony Rims w/tires
130 - 200 amp alt.

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 07:
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Jeremy,

Thanks, just got off the phone with them $205 to get them put in. I have to wait till christmas:( oh another question sorry if its retarded, but should I put my cluth in before or after the gears or does it even matter? [Razz]
Does not matter, wait until you can not shift any more [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com