Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » heads & cam (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: heads & cam
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know, you'd have to ask Dan or the new owner. Stock block, so I imagine 9's is the upper limit no matter how much N20 the rotating assembly can handle.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i could deal with 9's NA. LMFAO

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aaron- I agree with what you're saying, but until I see it run down Sac raceway, it won't make it on my "fact list".
I think everyone here agrees "what-if" timeslip math, combo math, dyno math, ect is all kind of shady at best. In the mean time, I'm going to sit back and wait for the historical trend to change [burnout]

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson- My point is that it IS happening. Just hasn't happened in Sac yet. So these cars do exist, and aren't just internet myths. Just cause I haven't seen a pure street car run in person doesn't mean they don't run the #'s. Give it time and these cars will be popping up locally. That's all I'm trying to point out.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey according to my spectacular calculator (?)
340 rwhp in a 3600 raceweight car will go 12.2 @ around 111/112
not bad at all [worship]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Aaron- I don't doubt those guys run those times... heck, Bob Cosby use to run 12.5@108 mph with his stock motored 5.O LX, but lets face it, his stock motored 5.O with 4.30's, 28inch slicks and skinnies, ect was nothing like what our true-daily driver stocker 5.O's were. What I am saying is that many major and minor details are more than likely left out when talked about online [Smile] After 2-3 years of hearing about it, many of us can't wait to see an "ed cam" car run Texas type numbers here in Northern California [patriot]
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree 100%. A perfect example of this but an LS1 analogy would be Raughammer from Houston Texas. Ran 10's with a stock bottom end LS1 with Heads, Cam, LS6 intake, Converter etc. People doubted it all over and then Mr. Jantzer popped up at Sac Raceway and lit off a 10.7 at 125. There it was a Raughammer Jr. at Sac Raceway, LOL. I agree there's several details that get left out and that's where you have to try to nit pick to find as many little things. As you do, I like to stick to facts as much as possible. I think Jon's and Shadetree's cars are both perfect candidates to lay some serious ET/MPH's down like these Ed cars do, and then some. I like racing but I picked the wrong car to go for optimum ET/MPH. I'll always need more Power to even contend with these guys. Maybe someday I'll pick up an LX and go all out.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Chris M.
Ignore me, all I do is argue online!
Member # 1708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris M.  Ford pictures for Chris M.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guess i'm not cool, i have a 7" crank pulley.

Shade-Tree, it was going to be a fast car but mike from ebr bought it so you can just forget about real hp. He plans on sticking a tfs stage III hydrolic roller in it with a two stage (100hp/100hp) nitrous kit on it. [Roll Eyes]

that's right, small hydrolic roller on a 13:1 motor.

it also has twisted wedge heads with a TEA 185 port job.

my guess, 550-600 rwhp on nitrous.

Posts: 2828 | From: West Bay, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TEA made a mistake on the heads. I had to make a .070 cut on the pistons (intake valve)to get everything to clear. I dont have enough clearance to do a larger cam. .080 exuast side and .080 on the intake side. All i need is one good 60'foot and i WILL get that 11 second pass. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

let Drew drive? [Wink]

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think with the weight diffrence 270 to drew's 150 (???) that should be worth 2/10's. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Hey Jon, what cam are you going with?
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

I am not sure. AFM stuff looks good. The problem is P-to-V clearance. like i said, with the trick flow cam .080 clearance on the intake and exuast that is not a lot to work with. One part of me wants to call AFM and ask rick for his pick, then call ed and get one from him and then do a three way comparsion to put this debate to rest [Eek!] [Confused] my guess is that there would no more than a 15-20hp gain from the trick flow stage one. thats just i think i could be wrong [burnout] [burnout]

[ October 25, 2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------

O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that stuff between AaronC and st5150 was great. those exchanges should be the poster children for all threads. intelligent debate. opinions and facts stated. no name calling. no smack talk. very informative and very entertaining. why can't they all be like that....

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com