Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HOW MUCH!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HOW MUCH!!!!
98snaketool
¯
Member # 1294

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98snaketool  Ford pictures for 98snaketool    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 Cobra --should i put 4.10 gears or 4.30. Is there a huge diference. Whats a reasonable price for the install. Any help would be great.
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you like to do?? Drag race only? do you commute alot? daily driver? Ive heard alot of people with 4.30's, and they seem to like them... also depends on whether youre going to stay NA...

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have heard nothing but good on the performance gains of 4.30's, for DRAG RACING. They are a good choice for both street/strip....but if your plan is daily freeway commuting....scratch the 4.30's for something more reasonable. Either way, the difference is slight, but it is there. Going from a stock ratio, to one of these will be an absolute wake up for the vehicle though....I can promise either way you will love it.

Jack

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.10's should be a factory option on Cobras if not standard equipment.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't get either of those gears, go with either the new Motive 3.90's, or FMS 3.73's. I have heard nothing but regrets from people with 4.10's.

--------------------
Support our troops!

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would agree with the 3.90's on a 5 liter, not all of course, but most. But the 4v 4.6l motors react very much differently then the 5 liters to a gear change. The higher gears are a slightly better choice for the cobra.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
I would agree with the 3.90's on a 5 liter, not all of course, but most. But the 4v 4.6l motors react very much differently then the 5 liters to a gear change. The higher gears are a slightly better choice for the cobra.

Go with the 4.30s!!

Dont fear the gear, pussy!! [Wink] [patriot]

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
OFFROAD PIPE
¯
Member # 1607

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OFFROAD PIPE  Ford pictures for OFFROAD PIPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:

Go with the 4.30s!!

Dont fear the gear, pussy!! [Wink] [patriot]

HELL YES!!

--------------------
ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS, EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOURE STILL RETARDED.

Posts: 864 | From: Anaheim Hills, | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com