Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone have a bassani x-pipe, need some feedback on it?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have a bassani x-pipe, need some feedback on it?
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruBlueGT02  Ford pictures for TruBlueGT02  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im really looking into making my GT a "clone" of the Cobra R..and a few of my friends are really happy with their bassani cat-back systems for their f-bodies..i was wondering if $450 was worth the price of a bassani x-pipe or what? anyone out there that has one can tell me if they are happy with theirs or if im wasting money and shud just get a custom one for half the price?

--------------------
[img]http://home.inreach.com/mmckague/trubluegt02.gif[/img]
------------
1-7-01: The best day of my life. Forever.

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome, awesome mod. If you have any questions, or you wanna see mine in action, I'd be more than happy to give you a demostration of the sound and the power...I have literally every bolt on and I have to say the Xpipe was my favorite one. (even more than the 4.10 gears [Eek!] )

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just get the offraod basanni x. Our buddy has one on his saleen "clone" it sounds bad ass. Plus it's alot cheapier than $450.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruBlueGT02  Ford pictures for TruBlueGT02  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the offroad? really?.. not very smog legal (who needs cats anyway hehehe) but yah, uhmm.. is it really worth taking the pipe off n putttin the stock back on everytime ya get it smogged?

and how big of a sound difference did you experience stoplightwarrior? i was planning on installing this all myself, seeing it looks all bolt on..good/bad idea? ha.

[ August 11, 2002, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: TruBlueGT02 ]

--------------------
------------

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd just get the offroad. i had the $450 catted bassani x, then i got the offroad and it sounded so much better plus a hell of a lot louder. and its not hard to swap the stock h for smog time. [Wink]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the catted actually provides a little more hp.....don't ask me why because I can't explain it...but the offroad is cheaper and louder....and worse for the enviorment.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

you have dyno tests that prove that? i mean that DOES sound a lil out of whack..the only thing i could think of if you didnt haev enough back pressure after your cats?.. err if that made sense.

--------------------
------------

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleen00925:
the catted actually provides a little more hp.....don't ask me why because I can't explain it...but the offroad is cheaper and louder....and worse for the enviorment.

An o/r provides a little more HP...but loses a little TQ....and vice versa w/ the catted version.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont pay 450! on the bassnai's with cats 90% of the time your check engine light still comes on after like a month. buy the offroad bassani x. i had a mac x on my 01 gt then i went to bassani, i could feel the difference, its definatly woth the extra money over mac, i payed 260 for my bassnai offroad pipe, let me know if u need a good deal
y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for y2kgt01  Ford pictures for y2kgt01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on the catted bassani x pipes the cats usually blow out
StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by y2kgt01:
dont pay 450! on the bassnai's with cats 90% of the time your check engine light still comes on after like a month. buy the offroad bassani x. i had a mac x on my 01 gt then i went to bassani, i could feel the difference, its definatly woth the extra money over mac, i payed 260 for my bassnai offroad pipe, let me know if u need a good deal

Yeah, my CEL did come on after i put it on, but I just fixed that when I got my chip custom burnt, so no worries.

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

how much would it cost to get the chip custom burnt?..
the cats go out? thats no good. seriously dont feel like spending $450 to have it break on me :-) i dont make all that much, so $450 is an extreme.

all this is bolt on right?.. no welding involved.. i mean i could understand it being somewhat of a hassle to put on, but i dont have welding experience, and it LOOKS all bolt on.

any tips on getting it on btw?

oh and would it be cheaper to buy it somewhere in the area? i found a dealer in dublin and modesto.. haha, i live in Tracy so..

[ August 11, 2002, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: TruBlueGT02 ]

--------------------
------------

TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

err i juss orderd the x-pipe off of steeda. thats the bassani right?.. i mean it doesnt say..but i was told it was.. if im wrong, correct me so i can cancel the order [Razz]

--------------------
------------

saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fnsweet.com has a "how-to" on installing a x-pipe.

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dood it's very easy swap, but personally I'd listen to the H's and the X's and see which one u like the best...I have an H on both of mine and my buddies have run X's and theirs seem to be a little raspier than mine..It all depends on what mufflers ur gonna run as to how it will sound too. Swaping out your old catted pipe every year (or however often) is well worth it, since it's so easy. I feel u on the money prob...cuz every little bit counts and when u do spend a few hundred, you wanna make sure the shit u buy is gonna make a difference and last...Good luck, hope u get EXACTLY what u are lookin for!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Yeah- after the x-pipe install im going to have a local muffler shop (family friend) make me some side exhaust. Im going to give him the tips and the mufflers from Borla..and let him know the grade of the stainless steel piping and he'll do it for a lot less then itd cost me to buy the cat-back system all pre-made from borla.

but ya, thats my plans after and ive just heard it a couple times. Ive already ordered the pipe from steeda:

Qty Name SKU Price Sub Total
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 263-4699MAN-3 X Pipe 99-2002 5 Speed $399.95 $399.95
------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i hope this is what im lookin' for [Big Grin]

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your cats will not blow out! hahaha, what the fuck is that about?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT35TH  Ford pictures for GT35TH  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by y2kgt01:
dont pay 450! on the bassnai's with ... i payed 260 for my bassnai offroad pipe, let me know if u need a good deal

y2kgt01, where did you get your offroad pipe and do they do the installation?

--------------------
http://www.portalvalues.com

Posts: 72 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Yeah, im getting it anyway.. i submitted the order about 2 days ago..waiting for a confirmation from steeda. Does anyone know if that steeda x-pipe is the same as a bassani x-pipe?..juss puttin their name on it like their cat-back systems?..

--------------------
------------

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

its very common, has happened to several friends. the inside of the cats gives out.read the reviews on stangnet.com about it.

[ August 13, 2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

y2kgt01
¯
Member # 1257

the steeda cat back actually isnt bassani, its borla. the x pipe is bassani,did you order with cats or without? if you ordered it without cats i know a place that ships bassani offroad x pipes for 280, thats everything, let me know

[ August 13, 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: y2kgt01 ]

S281 01-570
¯
Member # 1451

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281 01-570  Ford pictures for S281 01-570  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the Bassani X-pipe with high flow cats on my 2001 Saleen and it sounds great. Easy install even with just the front up on jack stands, but did set off the CEL after about 3000 miles. Had it checked at the dealer (under warranty heh heh heh) Swanson-Fahrney Ford i9n Selma CA. great bunch of guys, and the code said catylitic converter efficiency too low. (like thats a bad thing) They reset for me and it was back on within a couple of days. Installed a set of Dallas Mustang MIL Eliminators on the rear o2 sensors for about $65.00 and haven't seen the CEL since. I plan on trying to smog it as is but if it doesn't pass I'll put the stock H-pipe back on. The Bassani is worth the trouble.
TruBlueGT02
¯
Member # 1205

Yeah, just recently i read up on MIL eliminators.. And if i have a problem with the CEL coming on ill definately end up buying some. i found some from dallas for bout $60 like you said, and then PEP for like $40.. Anything bad about the PEP ones?

PEP MIL eliminators

Dallas Mustang MIL eliminators

I think the Dallas Mustang ones just are easier to install, the others look like you have to get a solder iron under your car or something [Eek!] ..might as well pay for the more expensive ones i guess.

[ August 16, 2002, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: TruBlueGT02 ]

--------------------
------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com