Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » repairing a scuffed rim

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: repairing a scuffed rim
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there anywhere that repairs scuffed rims. its on the car im borrwing while mine's down. its just the a small part of the outside polished aluminum edge. [Mad]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clicky Wheel Collision Center

I've been looking for a place locally, but no luck so far. This is the only one I've found.

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, truth be known my wife has been having no difficulty at all in finding the curb with the new 03 - 2 scuffs on the same right-rear rim. [Eek!] I was extremely [Mad] when I found out... but I've been making a joke about it lately & told her that if she does it again, I'm putting curb feelers on the thing [Big Grin] .

Anyway, I'm going to check out Wheels America in Union City. Hopefully they can repair the minor damage without spending too much $$.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you tried calling wheel technics in camble i think thats how you spell it but they do good work

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sn8k:
Well, truth be known my wife has been having no difficulty at all in finding the curb with the new 03 - 2 scuffs on the same right-rear rim. [Eek!] I was extremely [Mad] when I found out... but I've been making a joke about it lately & told her that if she does it again, I'm putting curb feelers on the thing [Big Grin] .

Anyway, I'm going to check out Wheels America in Union City. Hopefully they can repair the minor damage without spending too much $$.

damn curb feelers would be hella funny. thanks for the info. they want me to drop the rim off though for 24-48 hours so both cars will be down. now that sucks because its not my car and the peaple need it back as soon as my car is repaired.

--------------------
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

03DOHC
¯
Member # 1450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03DOHC  Ford pictures for 03DOHC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool! Thanks. Now where the hell is Union City?

--------------------
Admin-www.svtperformance.com

Posts: 314 | From: NorCal- SF | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03DOHC:
Cool! Thanks. Now where the hell is Union City?

Just north of Fremont - south of Hayward. Dude, you need to get out more often [Big Grin] j/k.
01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

quote:
Originally posted by 00KNIGHTMARE:
they want me to drop the rim off though for 24-48 hours so both cars will be down. now that sucks because its not my car and the peaple need it back as soon as my car is repaired.

Can't you just run on the spare for a couple of days? Maybe someone here can hook you up with a loaner rim/tire. If you need a ride to drop off the rim, hit me up.
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

i just found the spare in the trunk and its not even a dohnut. its a full on rim and street tire. so i'll have no problems now. its just the stock rim so it'll just look wierd with the after market bmw rims. thanks though.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com