Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any want some help.....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any want some help.....
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I need some help. I need to get some help on the installion of my MM CC plates. I called around and i got quoted like $185-325 not including alignment. I've been told that it's pretty simple to install but I don't have the HUEVOS (Balls) to do it. I'm willing to buy lunch or something+ 20 bucks or so. Thanks ...

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
correct me if I'm wrong (I've never done it) , but jack each side up, unload the suspension on that side, maybe you have to undo the bottom of the shock and then you can pull the factory C/C plate off, replace it, put shock back on, or is there more to it?

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
correct me if I'm wrong (I've never done it) , but jack each side up, unload the suspension on that side, maybe you have to undo the bottom of the shock and then you can pull the factory C/C plate off, replace it, put shock back on, or is there more to it?

Thats pretty much how its done man theres not much to it at all.

--------------------
Support our troops!

AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok...Thanks for the help [patriot] . This Wends. my boy and I are going to give it a shot. Hope we don't F&^* [Eek!] anything up.

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just did these on my car a few months ago, your gonna have to take the front shocks off of the car. The MM cc plates have to be put in on the inside and outside of the tower. So if you can use a lift, it would be a lot easier. Also, note which plate your putting on which side of the car(i.e. the driver's side plates and different than the passenger side's). You will not be able to align the car properly if you put the plates on the wrong sides, and then your gonna have to do the whole thing over again to swap em. You might have to take the rotor off. I did, but I was also removing my factory springs. The shocks may be able to be removed with the rotor on.

[ July 21, 2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: 96WhiteSnake ]

Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AZTEC- what set have you done to your ride??? have you replaced your springs, struts, and shocks?? remember, we've pretty much got the same vert ride...so your input helps me [Big Grin]

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com