Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Subframe Install- Recommendable Shops??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Subframe Install- Recommendable Shops??
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey guys, I just purchased a full length subs (maximum motorsports) from one of the members here. now i need a shop that can weld these in...I've called some of the authorized dealers from the M/M site and they are all asking from $180-350 for the install..
I've seen some posts in here for shops that were charging less than $100...but it looks like it has been wiped out from archive...you're help will be appreciated. [Confused]

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Philippians 4:13-

Posts: 332 | From: Bay Area, California | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What up man. Well I don’t know off any shops but can you let me know how that works for you after the install? I want to get some sub frames as well. Also I see that you have a 96 Gt Vert as well [dance] so that’s even better. Let me know if the car feels better or worse. L8 [Big Grin]

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Fox89GT
¯
Member # 1539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox89GT  Ford pictures for Fox89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had mind done at Apex in Santa Clara but all they did was send it next door to the muffler shop. So why not go directly to the muffler shop yourself since you already have the parts? The problem is that I don't remember what that shop's name is. Might what to drive there to get an estimate at least. Just a thought...
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriplePLAY  Ford pictures for TriplePLAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AZTECLX-i've heard great things about M&M's subs. Specially the full length subs...i've also got a triple black Vert myself... [Smile]
i'll let you know how they are, once i get a shop that can install them for a decent price. i'm also changing the whole suspension set up...im just waiting on some funds for my tokico illuminas...

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

fox, thanks- i actually called APEX and Bill said that they only install Griggs performance parts. I guess M&M are the competition...so...any other shops in the bay area that provide respectable install for decent price??

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that muffler shop next to APEX is called Joe's mufflers. [Smile]
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get them powdercoated or painted first...dont want them to rust on you...just helpful advice
Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck...it's standard procedure to coat them after they get welded up..this should be automatically done by the shop...atleast shops that know what they're doing. Having them coated or painted before hand will just get stripped off for the welding points.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

thanks guys...i'll give Joe's muffler a call...hopefully it won't cost me an arm and a leg. are there any other shops closer to the northbay?? east bay would be cool too...i know most of you guys are in the east bay...any respectable shops on this side??

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

01YellowCobra
¯
Member # 600

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 01YellowCobra  Ford pictures for 01YellowCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Livermore Muffler - talk to Steve (the owner) and he'll do you right. My MM full-length subs were powder coated black when I got 'em... he removes the powder coat where it's going to be welded and paints over the weld afterwards. Less then $100 for the install (I'm thinkin' $85 but I could be wrong) - and he's a damn good welder to boot.

Minute muffler in Dublin also does a good job on subs. Don't know the dudes name you need to hook you up, but from the last posts on this subject - he comes highly recommended.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Minute Muffler in Dublin
Talk to Scotty and tell him the Sic Crew out of Livermore sent you. [Smile]

--------------------
Support our troops!

96WhiteSnake
¯
Member # 229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96WhiteSnake  Ford pictures for 96WhiteSnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fox89GT:
I had mind done at Apex in Santa Clara but all they did was send it next door to the muffler shop.
quote:
TriplePLAY
fox, thanks- i actually called APEX and Bill said that they only install Griggs performance parts. I guess M&M are the competition...

okay, now i dont know if they don't sell MM products anymore or what, but i got some MM cc plates from apex a few months back. And prior to that I had them put a tach in my car and saw them weldin up som sub-frames in another guy's 5.0....so I would like to know if apex is changing their shit(I ain't been around in awhile) or what? [Confused]
Posts: 402 | From: San Jo/ SLO | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

96whitesnake- from looking at Apex's web site- the only M&M parts they sell is the C/C plates...everthing else is either Apex parts or Griggs...I guess times have changed.

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Fox89GT
¯
Member # 1539

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fox89GT  Ford pictures for Fox89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just for clarification... Apex did use Griggs subs for my car but the installation was done next door. The original question was for labor only and so Apex has nothing to do with this. They were only mentined as a point of reference to where the shop that did my installation. So, in conclusion try calling Joe's Muffler shop for installation of sub-frames of you choice.

PS. Maybe someone at Apex learned how to weld and now they are able to install things by themselves.

TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

thanks for those who gave suggestions...i will be making an appointment with steve from livermore mufflers sometime next week....
TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

one more Q....any recommendations where i can get these subs powder coated after i get them installed???

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

TriplePLAY
¯
Member # 948

who can do em? and for how much am i looking into paying?

--------------------
1996 Mustang GT Vert

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com