Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Highest Horsepower California Street Legal Stang

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Highest Horsepower California Street Legal Stang
GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT35TH  Ford pictures for GT35TH  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Polling to see if you all know what's the maximum RWHP that you feel can be achieved (or seen acheived) and be totally California street legal, and pass smog, etc. Now, I'm not talking about cheating the system (e.g., hollowed out cats to fool visual expection, etc.).

If you have any examples of what can be achieved, please post the specs.

Thanks.

--------------------
http://www.portalvalues.com

Posts: 72 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5.0 mag had a single turbo pushing 800+ rwhp and smog legal. couple members here are similar to that and *could* be smog legal. ask john91coupe or that other guy with the lx and the wing/chute running 8's. smog legal, well probably not but tricks can be used to get there.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey, if you know the right people anything is smog legal.
Bounty Hunter
¯
Member # 1422

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bounty Hunter  Ford pictures for Bounty Hunter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:

aint that the truth [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
AZdude
¯
Member # 1532

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZdude  Ford pictures for AZdude  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is your answer
http://www.turbodrivenconcepts.com/saleen.html

maybe able to squeeze more with some NOS.
Anything is possible with enough money.

GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GT35TH  Ford pictures for GT35TH  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Hey! I wouldn't mind the hook-up, [Smile] but I'm trying to get those that are legit.
GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

quote:
This is your answer
http://www.turbodrivenconcepts.com/saleen.html

AZdude, that a VERY impressive machine. But, is that a California "daily driver?" Haven't heard of many S-351s passing smog in Cali. [Smile]
OldSchoolFormula
¯
Member # 823

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldSchoolFormula  Ford pictures for OldSchoolFormula    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pre 74. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Formula 400

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love Vipers, but I would take that Saleen over just about any car.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Drama king
¯
Member # 1501

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drama king  Ford pictures for Drama king    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how about a 965ci capri with a r-trim vortec, and i 350 shot, and cobra emblems im just guessing about a 4.8 sec pass

--------------------
82 capri
1 of 23,213 POS's ford made that year
1 of 1 left in the country
too many mods to list, and i dont want to scare you, so we will leave it at that, recken?

Posts: 13 | From: Rio Linda Cal | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Drama king:
how about a 965ci capri with a r-trim vortec, and i 350 shot, and cobra emblems im just guessing about a 4.8 sec pass

Is this the same one that you say ran 107 in the quarter? Either way it Doesn't compare to the Saleen in all aspects.

--------------------

Drama king
¯
Member # 1501

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drama king  Ford pictures for Drama king    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i kick the shit out of saleens, cobras, roushs
ss, zo6, vipers, grand marque's, volvos, your mom, and most buses

--------------------
82 capri
too many mods to list, and i dont want to scare you, so we will leave it at that, recken?

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
i kick the shit out of saleens, cobras, roushs
ss, zo6, vipers, grand marque's, volvos, your mom, and most buses

LMAO, You are a moron....... You should change your sn to Drama Queen. Then again, as your sig states you "NOW (lol) that you are a pimp".

[ July 11, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Drama king
¯
Member # 1501

I am not a mormon, im a jehova witness, and yes i am a pimp, watch,,,,"weremybitches?"

--------------------
82 capri

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
I am not a mormon, im a jehova witness

You back up all I have already said.

--------------------

Drama king
¯
Member # 1501

and whats that suppose to mean
i am only 36 years old so im still cool, i am a manager at Mcdonalds so kiss my white ass

--------------------
82 capri

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Good for you. McDonalds is about the only establishment that does hire the mentally challenged. I think it's great that they help people like you get some self confidence. You know what I mean? They give you a golden spray painted mop and a name tag that says "Janitorial Manager" and you feel like you are a manager. Good work!

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think your just a fag that masturbates to your own dad and everynight can only dream about driving something that we all OWN!!! so why dont you just fucking grow up

[ July 11, 2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

Let's get this discussion back on track.

[ July 12, 2002, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: GT35TH ]

--------------------

GT35TH
¯
Member # 434

quote:
Originally posted by OldSchoolFormula:
Pre 74. [Big Grin] [patriot]

You know what I'm talking about. Those who still need to get smogged. [Smile]

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that saleen on tdc is infact a daily driver. i read an article on it. must be nice to have a 200 mph car as a daily driver huh [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S351's passed CA smog........just not after the new laws starting in 99, that is when Saleen stopped making 5.8's

--------------------
-Adam Cate
00' Saleen #00-925
3.55 Factory gears, 80mm MAF
13.7 @102mph
2 12" MTX 7000's pushin 1000W
[IMG]http://www.saleen00925.com/images/saleens3small.jpg[/IMG]
Saleen00925.com

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com