Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Who is running the Professional Products Intake?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Who is running the Professional Products Intake?
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know someone is running a Professional products intake in here, and I just ordered mine. Is it a good Intake, and are you having any problems? Thanks

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it and the fit/finish of the materials is not great. Nothing a sanding roll can't address. And the vacuum line instructions I basically threw out.

this is what it looked like when I installed it on top of my TFS heads

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn  Ford pictures for Glenn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What vacuum?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Posts: 2009 | From: Stationed on a Pacific Island, Guam | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Silver94GT
¯
Member # 850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver94GT  Ford pictures for Silver94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it on my 94 GT.. The instructions are WORTHLESS, and the fit on my car SUCKS. I have a Ford Racing adapter on it, and my EGR DOES NOT WORK with that set up, the newest thing I have been told is I need to buy an Edlebrock one.. [Mad]

Had to redo the gaskets a few times due to leaking and the bolts they gave me (the ones that go on the top of the intake) did not fit.

And the biggest regret I have is, it rubs like a bitch on my stock hood so now my polished finish looks like ass..

Overall a nice looking intake that was a pain in the ass to put on..

[Roll Eyes]

[ June 18, 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Silver94GT ]

--------------------
"Fuck the game cuz the game keeps fucking me"
Barely Legal - Fast Cars & Cool Trucks.

DAN STARKEY (PUNKINA5.SLOW) YOU STILL OWE ME $2650 FOR THAT ENGINE!! STEP UP AND PAY WHAT YOU OWE!!

Posts: 375 | From: Sacramento, CA //Sunrise Area\\ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I noticed the bolt problem too. I swapped over to some hex heads from the hardware store for the plenum with threadlocker as they were put on like ass from the factory, and the bolts from the upper through the lower to the heads were not that great as well. Another trip to the hardware store.

I did not experience the EGR issue as my car is a fox. You know the SN-95 5.0 has a totally different EGR method right? It comes off your headers. Basically on the fox style intake you probably are best off blocking the EGR port in the lower intake with something like cured clay (can't think of anything better right now).

ah well, it doesn't suck that bad, just another little struggle from trying to save a buck or two. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What intake did you end up getting?
Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up Glenn, I havn't seen you on the boards in forever. You coming to the show on the 29th??
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Intake= Professional Products, man I hope all goes well with the install on mine, I got the mac elbow, which is exactly the same as the edlebrock [Frown]
Show= Most likely, I was on vacation for a month. I went home, just got back last week.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by Silver94GT:
I have it on my 94 GT.. The instructions are WORTHLESS, and the fit on my car SUCKS. I have a Ford Racing adapter on it, and my EGR DOES NOT WORK with that set up, the newest thing I have been told is I need to buy an Edlebrock one.. [Mad]

Had to redo the gaskets a few times due to leaking and the bolts they gave me (the ones that go on the top of the intake) did not fit.

And the biggest regret I have is, it rubs like a bitch on my stock hood so now my polished finish looks like ass..

Overall a nice looking intake that was a pain in the ass to put on..

[Roll Eyes]

Do you have any pics? And what combo do you have with the intake(heads)? And did you any difference in power, what size TB are you using?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Silver94GT
¯
Member # 850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver94GT  Ford pictures for Silver94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

Heres a pic I took today of it.. Its not the greatest, but you can get an idea. [Smile]

[ June 19, 2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Silver94GT ]

--------------------
"Fuck the game cuz the game keeps fucking me"
Barely Legal - Fast Cars & Cool Trucks.

DAN STARKEY (PUNKINA5.SLOW) YOU STILL OWE ME $2650 FOR THAT ENGINE!! STEP UP AND PAY WHAT YOU OWE!!

Posts: 375 | From: Sacramento, CA //Sunrise Area\\ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

Looks good to me, but I got the unpolished one.

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hope it works out for you. post pics after the install.. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Glenn
¯
Member # 520

quote:
Originally posted by SlipNslide281:
hope it works out for you. post pics after the install.. [Big Grin]

Will do, so you never sold the car huh?

--------------------
S-Trim,331,H/C/I
"JohnB groupie train"
My Car
DragGuam

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com