Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » tremmec t56 out of a camaro

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: tremmec t56 out of a camaro
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can the t56 thats in a camaro or corvete fit in my 99gt if I get a diffrent bell houseing

and diffrent drive shaft

[Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bro if you want the car to run hard in the 1/4 then PHUCK that 6 speed.

A good converter and a built tranny with a brake and that lil motor of yours and look the phuck OUT!

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A auto would launch harder. Hey Punk, Do you know how hard it is to convert from a 5speed into a auto. Have you done it before? I might change mines into a auto onece this tranny goes out.

[ June 06, 2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: 89hatchback_lx ]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is not hard at all.

I was flipping through a mag that has your exact combo but with a custom cam and a NOVI 3000 and he makes 847 HP

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN!! [worship] [worship] [worship] 847HP. Ill be happy with 550rwhp. but well see. I look for some articals about the swap maybe ill find somthing. [patriot]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:
Bro if you want the car to run hard in the 1/4 then PHUCK that 6 speed.

A good converter and a built tranny with a brake and that lil motor of yours and look the phuck OUT!

I'm goin to do more research on this I now a auto would help down the track but I guess I would like to now what my top speed would be in a oad with 373 gears in the back

do you now if its 3 gears and then the over drive or is it 4 gears and the over drive

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So does anybody know about the T-56 swap? I just figure that would be a lot cheaper than buying a brand new T-56, since a few miles probably wouldn't hurt the viper-worthy tranny.

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ June 08, 2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com