Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ET Street Questions (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ET Street Questions
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heeehehee
cool chris sounds fun man.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So if your hoosiers are better, what kind of 60's are we lookin' at? [worship]
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO CLUE, here is the info, you tell me.

1.954 60' with a one legger 2.79s, 245/50/15 BFG T/A radials

Now I'll have a detroit locker 4.11s, and 28x14.50 (about 325/50/15s) Hoosiers

10" 2500 stall converter which stalled to 2800 rpm on the 1.954 60'

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use ET Streets, with no tubes. The tires leak air, and go flat about every 2 or 3 days, but thats because they are screwed to the rims. I could fix it, but too lazy. The car pulls consistant 1.34 60 fts, and runs at over 150 mph. NO PROBLEM without tubes. Definately balance them. And I have never had any problems with the balance going bad. I burn the shit out of them also! [Smile] Good tires. Suck in the rain though..I wouldnt do any high speed getaways with them. Not good for cornering.

[ June 06, 2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: customN2O ]

--------------------
[img]http://www.zimmermanmotorsports.com/zimban2.gif[/img]

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah Scott and you have a billion hp on a stock small block. We already know you do things that aren't suggested.
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for customN2O  Ford pictures for customN2O  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn, a little hostile Chris? lol. Actually, the stock block has been laid to rest. Took too much. Just had to upgrade to a Iron Eagle block. Should be together soon. I must say, this aftermarket block is the shit!!! My cylinder walls are now .4 inches thick! Can you say MORE NITROUS!!!!! hahahaha. But on a serious note, dont worry about tubes in the tires. Personally, I would recomend it. It is safer, but....Lots of people do it, and MT says its ok also. Just a mans opinion! Dont bite my head off!!!!

--------------------

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

I wasn't biting any heads off. My girlfriend got here as I was reading your post so I made mine short and to the point. Now she's gone so I can post again, You spend $300 on two wheels, $360 on two tires, $10-20 on wheel screws, why not spend $30 more for tubes. It's just one of those things that doesn't add up. There is a reason "tube type" is written on the sidewall of the tire.

Was the block willingly retired or was it forced into retirement?

customN2O
¯
Member # 914

The block was forced into retirement. The head gasket started seaping water, so I tried to take head off, and reseal copper gasket. Where it was leaking, a head stud was pulling out of the block, so I tried to Helicoil it. Well, I screwed that all up by putting it in crooked. Then I pulled motor apart to take to machine shop and have a thread insert put in. Good thing I took it apart, cause the block showed more wear in the last 30 passes (about 10 miles) then it has ever shown in its life...Its a 68 block. The tops of the cylinders were bowing. Block filler from the bottom, to about 1 inch from the top. In that inch, the cylinders were moving around. Right at the filler line, was a groove where the rings where running agains the part of the block that wouldnt stretch....The tops were going out. Really wierd. Too much power I guess! [Smile] The main caps were walking all over the place too, so I figured it was time to step up. Now I wont have to worry about splitting the block, so other then the money, its all good now!

--------------------

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Chris,

If you treat what every manufacturer says as "gospel" then you will always be stuck in the 13's or 14's(whatever times you run). Make sure and keep the posted tire pressure in the tires you have according to what Hoosier/MT says to do! Better yet, I would also call Ford and run the correct size tire that your car was built for! Most recommendations are there for insurance and liability issues.

Congrats on the new block Zim! I have never seen a Dart block on the inside but have heard great things about them!

--------------------
I like cars.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wonder if the Ford owner's manual says to do your burnouts in 1st or 2nd gear?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I wonder if the Ford owner's manual says to do your burnouts in 1st or 2nd gear?

Their web page recomends second gear [Cool]
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Then I guess I should stop using third.

And Yellow67, I run 15s

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shade tree you are right. you can run them any way you want to. I ran 12.4@111.00 with a high 1.6 foot time on NO TUBES NO screws. Have ran 1.63 on tubes and no screws oh buy the way I have broken 28 and 31 spline axles with and with out tubes and the tire stayed in the same place kinda makes you wonder??????

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
customN2O
¯
Member # 914

Eric, how did you do in Vegas? I heard you were there, but no one that I talked to saw your car run. How is that thing running?

[ June 07, 2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: customN2O ]

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com