Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Kenne Bell or Procharger???? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kenne Bell or Procharger????
98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, guys you've been alot of help and most of you know a hella lot more than me since im new to the game. I think Procharger will be what you read on my windshield when you see me coming. [worship] [worship]
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by j0k3r:
I will be happy with 400 to the wheels. That is my goal for this car. I want a daily driven stoplight warrior. So, the Kenne Bell is fine for me and occasional 1320ft trip down the track.

LOL> Dont kid yourself> as soon as you get your 400rwhp> within a week youll be wanting more:D
Especially if you are a stoplight warrior and driving like this all the time> racing all over town> youll find yourself unhappy with 400rwhp soon> then 500rwh will not be enough> then.....you get the picture!
Get ready for the hp bug.
Hope it doesnt bite too hard! I know it bit me hard> I'm now seeking counseling to get rid of my speed addiction> he he> lol J/K [Big Grin]

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:
Originally posted by j0k3r:
I will be happy with 400 to the wheels. That is my goal for this car. I want a daily driven stoplight warrior. So, the Kenne Bell is fine for me and occasional 1320ft trip down the track.

LOL> Dont kid yourself> as soon as you get your 400rwhp> within a week youll be wanting more:D
Especially if you are a stoplight warrior and driving like this all the time> racing all over town> youll find yourself unhappy with 400rwhp soon> then 500rwh will not be enough> then.....you get the picture!
Get ready for the hp bug.
Hope it doesnt bite too hard! I know it bit me hard> I'm now seeking counseling to get rid of my speed addiction> he he> lol J/K [Big Grin]

I have to set my limits though. I have a baby due in June [Big Grin]

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why procharger instead of paxton?

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay that makes sense, i never considered ATI because they dont make an intercooler kit for my car since there is no room on the car to mount it.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i am going toward ATI because of the intercooler. And I am going to be in big trouble because i know after driving it for a week or two it will seem slow to me still and i will just have to go and get some other toys. to bad i don't make shit. LOL [patriot] [Big Grin]
Joshs Ford
¯
Member # 801

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshs Ford  Ford pictures for Joshs Ford    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bout the superchargers.....if you are going to run them both at about 8lbs of boost, the root style blower is better, barely. After about 12 lbs of boost though, the root style blower is no longer good. At bout 12 lbs the centrifugal procharger style will kick its ass. They are much better at high lbs of boost. So if you plan to run anything above 8 lbs of boost, go with procharger....there superchargers, some of them, can go up to 30 lbs of boost. So it depends how big of boost you want!
Posts: 692 | From: San Ramon CA, | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
BUCK_FIFTY
¯
Member # 728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUCK_FIFTY  Ford pictures for BUCK_FIFTY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Toxicity of Dank:
Bout the superchargers.....if you are going to run them both at about 8lbs of boost, the root style blower is better, barely. After about 12 lbs of boost though, the root style blower is no longer good. At bout 12 lbs the centrifugal procharger style will kick its ass. They are much better at high lbs of boost. So if you plan to run anything above 8 lbs of boost, go with procharger....there superchargers, some of them, can go up to 30 lbs of boost. So it depends how big of boost you want!

But how much boost can you run on the stock block before you blow the hell up? I heard tht over 11 lbs is just barely cutting it before sumthin' calls it quits......

--------------------
"Funny how cheap ass people have money to do it right the second time, haha!"

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yung Than:
But how much boost can you run on the stock block before you blow the hell up? I heard tht over 11 lbs is just barely cutting it before sumthin' calls it quits......

Actually with a good tune you can run pretty high. I have a friend with a Vortech'd 97GT and his motor has over 50k with the blower and he is running 12lbs.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

v8302stangs
¯
Member # 530

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v8302stangs  Ford pictures for v8302stangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a guy who blew up his 00' 4.6 after pulling over 500hp with a vortech + intercooler. I don't know how much boost he had running though =(

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0
Mac Off-Road H pipe
00' Cobra R wheels
2 Chamber Flowmasters
3 MTX 10" subs

98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I do want to keep my motor in there. But if it blow i will get a 4 valve ( What i should have got in the first place)
98 cobra wannabe
¯
Member # 1045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 cobra wannabe  Ford pictures for 98 cobra wannabe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, I do want to keep my motor in there. But if it blow i will get a 4 valve ( What i should have got in the first place)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com