Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » questions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: questions
erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first of all thanks for all your help guys ,,any ways what kind of lowering springs saleen or eibach ,,i am doing springs first then the shocks will follow,,,also where can i get a gauge pod but i want a full one to totally replace the stock pillar .i have seen them on hard tops but never on a conv.also last but not least the question you guys have heard over and over ,what size 3.73 or4.11 ,aand can anyone tell me exactly what my rpm will be w/4.11 at about 85
blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey-I have a '98 Cobra 'vert also...I went with the Eibachs..like a 1.5" drop, I believe. As far as pods go, I had to install my Monster Tach on the far left of the dash due to the fact that Motorsport Dynamics here in Sacramento told me that they couldn't mount anything on the pillar because it wouldn't be stable enough.

I have no idea about the gears...I need to start looking into that myself.

Brad

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

Drew B
¯
Member # 698

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Drew B  Ford pictures for Drew B  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by erccobra:
first of all thanks for all your help guys ,,any ways what kind of lowering springs saleen or eibach ,,i am doing springs first then the shocks will follow,,,also where can i get a gauge pod but i want a full one to totally replace the stock pillar .i have seen them on hard tops but never on a conv.also last but not least the question you guys have heard over and over ,what size 3.73 or4.11 ,aand can anyone tell me exactly what my rpm will be w/4.11 at about 85

If you drive your car every day (freeway) iwouldn't go with 410's 410's are good gears if you are n/a 373 are practical for daily driving

93Snyper
¯
Member # 1058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Snyper  Ford pictures for 93Snyper  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that Jegs have full pillar pods for 3 gagues, also ummm... forgot but take a look the MM&FF, too much good stuff in there!...as for the 4.11s i think you'd be in the 3000-3500 range, just an educated guess tho, my friend has 4.10's an hes gonna get rida'em...73's da way to go...

--------------------
Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys dont forget about www.summitracing.com

--------------------
Support our troops!

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why are you looking at just saleen and eibach. There are so many good springs out there. I have steeda's and love them but if I did it again I would go with H&R 2 inch drop and griggs caster camber plates. Just my .02

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

erccobra
¯
Member # 1112

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for erccobra  Ford pictures for erccobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do you drop it 2 inches ,mine is dropped an 1 1/2 and i still gp slow down those bumpy roads
ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

check out how I put my monster tach in my saleen...might give you an idea

Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=601004076&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting
Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whew, I remember back in the day when I feared the gear... then Mike (BLUE98SVT) told me a story.. driving from Sac to So. Cal on a tank and a half of gas... hmm... that was better mileage than I was getting previously.. And he was running a 4.30 ass end gear... welp.. I proceeded to buy 3.73's.. .and stare at them for awhile.. and then.. I decided.. Forget these little 3.73's! 4.30's here I come!.. Don't fear the gear...

I drive 35 miles to work and back every day... and the cobra gets killer gas mileage.. (nothing compared to the 95 EX though)...

my friend just put 4.10's in his 95 AODE GT... and that thing rips!

just my $.02....

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com