Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » i need help with this. (tps)

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i need help with this. (tps)
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i guess im the only person who hasn't figured out how to set it. i have probed the black and green wires like 50tech.com said. i did everything like they said and i can't get a reading on my multimeter. i will be at the meet on the 30th if someone could help me. i'll bring the screwdriver, and the money for a drink if someone could bring a multimeter and show me how to set it up. (this multimeter isn't mine. im borrowing it). let me know.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will set it for you on the 30th.

Takes ohhh 20 seconds.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Stroked and Blown
¯
Member # 998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stroked and Blown  Ford pictures for Stroked and Blown        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can bring the multi-meter if you still need one.
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kool. you earned yourself a beverage.

i question. do i need to make the wholes on the tps cresent shaped? so theres more play in them?

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im not gonna be able to bring one.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will try to remember to bring one. The holes in the TPS are already slotted. I can do it tomorrow if you want to come by. I am in Concord.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the TPS "hot rod" "fix"
is complete BS, just throwing down my $0.02 on the subject.

your manual lists a range... and it's something like... between 0.85 and 0.95 or so for "idle".

those guys that tell you to set it to 0.9752346245 for "best performance" need to pass down the crack pipe. [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

I will agree.

Sawson can tell you more, Im sure, but there is some timing/throttle delay built into the computer anyway. I believe it is called tip in or something....tells the computer that if you see a value higher than like 1.1 volt quicker than X amount of milliseconds then retard timing X degress for X amount of time etc etc....

You know.

I think a 650 double pumper tuned right, a performer RPM intake and a nicely curved MSD dist on any box stock EFI roller motor will make more hp than the standard EFI intake and EEC controller.

But that is just my pipe puffin o-pin-i-o-n

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

i agree with the whole .97 thing. im just wanting to learn something that is very basic.

punk. where in concord are ya?

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but what are your feelings on a 65mm tb, performer intake and a chipped eec vs a stock intake with a quadrajet, and i nicely curved set of points?

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you can't hunt these guys down, I'll have a meter with me. Bring your own meter and I'll show you how to use your own. Make sure to bring two small safety pins.
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

i already exsposed the wire enough for the probes to fit. i will pull up in a 2tone red/titanium gt on saturday. and i already had to return the meter i was borrowing.

im gonna try and get there early.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com