Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ATT: PunkINa5.SLOW

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATT: PunkINa5.SLOW
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro i need your help. im building the 331 and all i need are the heads installed, but the thing that im stuck on is R/R's,Roller Lifters and Pushrods. Im kind of on a buget so i want the best but also not breaking my wallet. What do you recomend?

Also, do you know how i can find out what length pushrod i need?

Thanx in advance....jr

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cruise the local classifieds and try to find a set of rockers local that you can go and inspect.

Crane energizers are cheap if you are looking at new but you dont save much.

Push rod length you have to be careful with and I recommend you get lifters and rockers so that you can set it up and then get an adj pushrod or pushrod length checker to check lenth with or you can see if any friends are building motors and use a couple different lengths until one fits right that has the right geometry.

I like crane golds for the money and a 6.702 is a pretty good.......bet.....as to pushrod length but it does vary!!!

As far as lifters I just use stock replacements if you are using a standard hyd roller tappet cam.

Crane sells them for about 100 bucks as well.

Let me know!

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have some Crane energizer 1.7 rockers for 7/16" studs if you're interested. I'll let em go for $75.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is there really any difference in performance if i go stock roller lifters. do you recomend me using the original one from my old block?

Thanx bro.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com