Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » speedometer tripping

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: speedometer tripping
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the problem is when I am driving sometimes my speedometer will just drop and be either a couple of miles per hour off or sometimes it will just drop all the way down to 0mph while I am still moving. if it is tripping sometimes the car will just die if I pull up to a stop. I have checked my abbott box to see if any of the wiring is coming loose and it all seems to be still together so I dont know if this is the problem. also this is in a 2000 GT.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey bro, sounds like the sensor that goes into the tranny is lose or something along those lines. My buddy disconnected that sensor on his car to keep from puting miles the car and the same thing happend to him. Check all the wiring and look for a broken or lose harness. Good luck bro, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thomas,
I know what it is. It was your VSPW. WHen the abbot was hooked up, the dark green wire with the white line was not connected correctly. Can you take a pick of the install? Its either on backwards or it got loose.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brian,

is this wire underneath the car, or is it in the center console. I can take pics but no way to get them put on here.

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its where your ECM is (computer). Pull off the passanger trim, and shot me some pics

--------------------

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Justin didnt install it in the passenger side trim, it is inside my center console, maybe he can explain it better, I will PM him and let him explain how he did it.
JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know if u fixed this yet or not.I put the abbot box in the center console and ran the two wires out the hole with the e brake cable. then to the speed sensor on the tranny. and hooked them up with butt connectors to the correct wires. Is the brake cabel wearing through the wires? I havent had a problem but I never use my e brake. check the butt connectors at the tranny.

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought kim said the connectors came apart and she fixed them two weeks ago? did she put them back on the right wires?

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Yeah I did put the wires back together a couple of weeks ago, but I dont think the wires are coming loose, I think it has a shortage. I am going to check it out, I think somebody said there is a little red light inside the abbott box, and it blinks when working right.
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Thomas,
U coming on saturday? I can check it out then

--------------------

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Yeah I will be there.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com