Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ATTN: WIKD 281

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ATTN: WIKD 281
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey harold, i remember you saying that the returnless style system is only good till about 450 RWHP. I was poking around at the corral and this is what i found from Coop99Cobra. Just wanted to see if you had heard this before and what you think.

quote:
Originally posted by Coop99Cobra on Corral:

Hey MelloYello, I'm still using the stock rails, but I did upgrade my line to 3/8" with 6AN fittings. This made a significant difference. Doesn't need to be any bigger, IMO.

I solved what remaining fuel delivery issue I had at redline with a KB BAP (Aeromotive and MSD also have some interesting pump controllers) driving the in-line pump. Previously, I had a minor fuel delivery issue near redline, that turned out to be related to an electrical supply issue (data logging uncovered this item). I suspect the majority of other 99+ owners may have this issue as well. Before this discovery, several local Autologic tuners simply thought it was a returnless fuel system "thingy" (or my injectors were crappy) and consequently gave up, citing I should get a return style.

I'm glad I didn't give up as they suggested. Its been working great and cost much less than trying to convert. Even if I did go to a return style now, I'm near the ceiling for what pump gas will support in a daily driver, so it wouldn't do me much good anyway.

I'm about to make one or two more inexpensive modifications to the system and then it should be just about perfect (utilizing an in-line pump bypass that I'm fabricating). I think I may go ahead and refit some billet fuel rails into the setup.

Here is the link to the post:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64715

[ March 23, 2002: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. bro! I have met him before> went to dinner for me to explain the work that I was doing on mine when I was still returnless> hes really a cool guy. He has almost the same setup as me> minus the long tubes> and the return style fuel system. He just dynoed at Houston performance to 570rwhp> with 10.5psi. of boost>
Driving home the other night with TRY2PAZ I hit 10psi. of boost at 5000rpm> so I am hoping that will give me the other 30horsed I need to reach 600rwhp plus the long tubes. He really needs to change his setup because when the BAP > boost a pump kicks on> his fuel pressure spikes to about 110psi.> enough to blow the fuel rails and his fuel pressure switch> and if that blows you can risk blowing the motor. He tried out the 48lb. injectors but could not get them to work because when the pressure spikes up that high the injectors go static> not good.
Thanks for the info. bro!
Later.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
Thanks for the info. bro! I have met him before> went to dinner for me to explain the work that I was doing on mine when I was still returnless> hes really a cool guy. He has almost the same setup as me> minus the long tubes> and the return style fuel system. He just dynoed at Houston performance to 570rwhp> with 10.5psi. of boost>
Driving home the other night with TRY2PAZ I hit 10psi. of boost at 5000rpm> so I am hoping that will give me the other 30horsed I need to reach 600rwhp plus the long tubes. He really needs to change his setup because when the BAP > boost a pump kicks on> his fuel pressure spikes to about 110psi.> enough to blow the fuel rails and his fuel pressure switch> and if that blows you can risk blowing the motor. He tried out the 48lb. injectors but could not get them to work because when the pressure spikes up that high the injectors go static> not good.
Thanks for the info. bro!
Later.

I was thinking of doing the same thing as that guy but risk the chance of blowing it again no way ill just spend the extra cash and be safe with a return style fuel system

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Worth the money

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com