Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel Reg. full of oil....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel Reg. full of oil....
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought my adjustable Kurban fuel Reg. was taking a shit, cause it would not rise press during boost. When I took it off and went through it, It was full of thin ass oil"To the top". I cleaned it out well and it works fine.
I guess it's about time to rebuild the Blower? I believe thats where the oil is coming from?

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take a look

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmmmm

What kind of PCV system do you have on your car?

I doubt that the oil is coming from the blower.

What intake do you have on your car?

Do you have the line from the valve cover to the upper intake connected?

Sometimes blocking this with a vacuum cap (intake too) and putting a K&N filter kneck over the oil fill tube (stock 5.0 valve covers) and then covering with a sock alleviates this problem.

Also the PCV valve could be bad.

OR the baffle on the lower intake was left off and the oil has finally creeped up to the PCV there should be a little screen of some sort on the back portion of your lower intake in the PCV port itself.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

The valve cover has the port going to the low pressure side of my blower. Ill check my pcv set up. The baffle is on the intake.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you snap a digital pic of it and post it up?

Ive never seen your setup so hard to tell over the net.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

I doubt that it is your blower seals.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

I Emailed you the only pix I have. I have the PCV valve in my hand. I believe it's ok? However there is oil coming up to it. The little metal screen and rubber gromet has oil on it too.

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

That little metal screen should have oil on it perfectly normal. A trick that I used and not sure that I will recommend was to take some foam rubber insulation and cut a piece and stick in there after the metal screen ( so it doesnt fall down the intake). But try this too

Take the valve cover oil fill breather tube out of the blower and plug it then get a K&N filter for over the top of the oil fill tube or try to get a twist on one with a K&N filter top and cut the top of a sock off and cover it. Dont add the K&N oil (duh) and see how that does after the car runs for awhile.

Under boost the pooled oil in the intake (not common in cobra intakes but very common with edelbrocks) pushes out of the intake and down the vacuum tube to your regulator.

If you dont have this line hooked up then disregard everything I said.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Hey Bro, why would I want to take off the line from the cover? It is set up to so it's metered air. If I put a K/N on then the air is no longer metered. Why would that help?
Oh I like the foam idea.
My manifold does pool up W/oil. All the time

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Im not understanding how or why you have the PCV breather setup so that it is metered air?

Either way if you are nervous about blocking this try a new PCV valve and the foam idea.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

No, the cover breather is set up for metered air. The air meter sences the vacuume it pulls. Id that better Bro?

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ok then leave that attached and maybe put a filter inline? Like one of those little inline clear gas deals?

Best I can think of.

How much oil is pooling in your intake?

How fresh is your stock bottom end?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

It's enough to where a little will run out the large port for my power braked. "when the manifold is off". The bottom end was gone through about 4 thousand miles ago. The whole motor has only about 45 thousand on it. 91 motor

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com