Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » YOULLUZ> (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: YOULLUZ>
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats up bud? Quick question for you> did you fit your K member G load brace with the Canton oil pan? I made mine fit but it hangs really low and I am bottoming out everywhere! I think I'm just going to put on the smaller brace from the coupes?
I talked to Griggs and they said its just for cowl shake> but that will happen wether you have it on or not.
Thanks bud.
later.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yo, it doesnt matter because that looks soooooo sick when u bottomed out on the freeway racing my budys black SS in Livermore. Remember that was hella fun. Your car was smoking from the pipes so much and sparkin it was sick. lol, i'm gonna pour some oil in my exhaust pipes so myne does that! J/p, later man nice meeting u. Had a good time That was the highlight of the night!

--------------------
Support our troops!

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha ha> that was hella fun!!
What mods did he have in the SS> 100shot? He was keeping up really well> I was surprised
Nice meeting you too bud!
Take it easy.

--------------------

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
ha ha> that was hella fun!!
What mods did he have in the SS> 100shot? He was keeping up really well> I was surprised
Nice meeting you too bud!
Take it easy.

heheh harold has a fetish with nos'd camaros

[ March 11, 2002: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was this the Wicked SS???

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah> it wasnt WIKDSS> I woulda known if it was him for sure> I have met these guys before> they looked really familiar?
Torquepimp> Fetish for Nos'd maros? I guess you could say that was the fastest competition out there? Mostly anywhere> these cars are the fastest> gotta thing for em I guess?lol

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nah it wasnt wkdss or w/e it was my buddy Jason, he doesnt post on here but its a 2001 SS with 4.10, air lid, and slp exhaust. Thats it, we were surprised we were keeping up too because he has know pull with those gears at top end. It was a good time though maybe you guys can run a quarter though it would be a great race, thats where his power is at the start at low speed. Later man. Post the next time you are going to be out in Livermore and i'll get him to come on out.
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Cool> I'll let you know when I get tuned> them we'll make some real runs! Cobras dont wake up untill 5000 and shine at 7000+
It was nice to meet you guys> I'm sure we'll have some more fun in the future!
What is his best time at the track? Thats a fast car for the minimal mods he has done> thats awesome!
Take it easy.

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: WIKD 281 ]

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

A low 13sec 1/4 on the G-Tech but never real quarter runs at a track. He just a real good driver. See ya round man. By the way the stang is sick! I reminded him he got tore up by the stang hehe. He really never loses that was the first i had ever seen.

--------------------
Support our troops!

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ha ha> that was hella fun> I think he may need some NOS for after my tune> I dont think I'll stop at 7000r's if I run him again> he was damn close when I was shifting at 5000!
I'll let you know when I tune then we'll go for a rematch
Hey> Maybe him and VortechSaleen should run? That might be a good run?
Later dude.

--------------------

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91SLEEPER, and with those mods.. he's probably making a good... 320+rwhp... he should be running in the 12's.. I just had my cobra dyno'd...

271rwhp 270tq... and my best so for on drag radials is 12.93... and I felt i could have pulled a 12.8x if I had one MORE run that day...

but hey, it's all good.. if you're fast you're fast... 12.9 isn't that fast to me.... 11's would be good...

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't forget I have to shift before 5k also I may not be a Cobra, but Mr. Vortech also likes to be wound up all the way too I'll need all the RPM I can get against the SS.
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

VortechSaleen> with your fuel system> Its all good
How is that thing coming along? Any word?

--------------------

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's up man, no word yet. I think they did a test run some time last week but haven't heard anything from Bill....probaby no good news yet. I'll call him tomorrow and see what's up. In the meantime, I'm thinking of some LT's What short pipe are you running?

How many more miles till a thousand?

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
Nah it wasnt wkdss or w/e it was my buddy Jason, he doesnt post on here but its a 2001 SS with 4.10, air lid, and slp exhaust. Thats it, we were surprised we were keeping up too because he has know pull with those gears at top end. It was a good time though maybe you guys can run a quarter though it would be a great race, thats where his power is at the start at low speed. Later man. Post the next time you are going to be out in Livermore and i'll get him to come on out.

I thought someone said something about this SS having NOS? Well then if it is NA than there is no reason this Chevy should be keeping up with us Fords? Well it sounds like we have some up comming runs lined up. Please don't forget about the old school rides "Injected66" Peace

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

VortechSaleen> I heard the gains they made from the 2 vavle upper intake was off the hook! Long tubes and that upper intake and youre knocking on 500rwhp's door!!
66injectedcobra> I was the one who thought he was on NOS> It was preety fast for N/A! I usually smoke N/A camaros> I pulled on him but not as much as usual.

--------------------

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

quote:
VortechSaleen> I heard the gains they made from the 2 vavle upper intake was off the hook! Long tubes and that upper intake and youre knocking on 500rwhp's door!!
66injectedcobra> I was the one who thought he was on NOS> It was preety fast for N/A! I usually smoke N/A camaros> I pulled on him but not as much as usual.

Holy shit?...did you talk to Robert lately or something, how did you find out? I still haven't talked to Bill yet to ask about how that went...I just emailed him a couple minutes ago. I don't know if I want to touch 500RW w/ these internals.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

I wouldnt go over 420rwhp> its about to blow near or over 450> but with a built motor> its gonna be a runner!
Intake went well. Talked to him yesterday> give him a call!

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

quote:
Originally posted by imbroken:
91SLEEPER, and with those mods.. he's probably making a good... 320+rwhp... he should be running in the 12's.. I just had my cobra dyno'd...

271rwhp 270tq... and my best so for on drag radials is 12.93... and I felt i could have pulled a 12.8x if I had one MORE run that day...

but hey, it's all good.. if you're fast you're fast... 12.9 isn't that fast to me.... 11's would be good...

The 12's i dont know about all that but for it being a pretty much stock SS with 4.10's, air lid, and slp exhaust it is super fast!
If you guys are going to start coming out now let me know so i can call my buddys.

[ March 13, 2002: Message edited by: 91sleeper ]

--------------------
Support our troops!

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Harold, just spoke w/ him....a 52RWHP gain!! thats nuts. It'll be a while till it's official though. But in the meantime, he's working on my quote for the rebuild. Basically the same components yours took except their doing the cams and heads. When it's actually going to be done depends on the damage it's going to cost
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

VortechSaleen> Sweet! Keep me posted bro

91sleeper> we dont frequent the runs often> every once in a while we will go out to watch.
I'll let you know next time we're in that area

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Cool man sounds good i'll be looking forward to hearing from u
ThePhantom
¯
Member # 252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePhantom  Ford pictures for ThePhantom  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hey Harold! Congrats on the car. What intake are you guys talking about?

--------------------
02 Slammed Lightning Show Truck
02 AccordV6EX-Daily Driver

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

There is an intake for the 99+ 2 valves that is soon to be out> I will e mail you now with some more info> first test gained 53hp!

--------------------

VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

3rd gear this time!!...helluva lot closer than last time...but still got walked Once again it was fun

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com