Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » GT is Broken, Help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: GT is Broken, Help!
Silver94GT
¯
Member # 850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver94GT  Ford pictures for Silver94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well last Sunday I was getting some help putting on my new underdrive pullies and my buddy who was helping grounded out my alt. with a screwdriver. Since then, my car has eaten 3 brand new alts and a battery. I have since replaced the belt and cables, and no fuses seem to have blown, with the exception of my amp to my stereo. As far as we can tell the grounds seem to be okay.

So I'm looking for suggestions and or someone to fix this problem for me

Thanks in advance..

--------------------
"Fuck the game cuz the game keeps fucking me"
Barely Legal - Fast Cars & Cool Trucks.

DAN STARKEY (PUNKINA5.SLOW) YOU STILL OWE ME $2650 FOR THAT ENGINE!! STEP UP AND PAY WHAT YOU OWE!!

Posts: 375 | From: Sacramento, CA //Sunrise Area\\ | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
friend of mine said that you should check your voltage regulator. If that is whats blown then the batteries should be getting really hot when charging or swelling.

if the alternators keep blowing then he grounded out the positive wire on the back of the alt.

hope that helps

--------------------
Just a Punk Ass small Block :)

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
friend of yours?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just yappin' to everyone eh?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Voltage Reg is internal in the Alt. With new alt comes new reg..

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a possible short somewhere. Where was the screwdriver used to cause the short? (Since when is a screw driver needed to install underdrive pulliess?) When the power wire was originally shorted, it could have melted and touched something metal on the car (ground), but a million other things could have gone wrong as well.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Electrical problems suck!
Last resort:
Since the regulator is internal to the alternator, it can be wired directly to the batery. Much like the (GM) PowerMaster 1 wire alts. I've done it a few times & it bypasses the stock wiring. A little more complicated with the stock Alt, but there are detailed instruction on the web....I think on the Corral.

Hope this makes sense....I'm too sick to think clearly.

Oh & don't let your 'friend' touch the car again. The fuel lines run behind to the alt & if they would've grounded the alt there.....you wouldn't have a car.

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com