Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Question on lowering springs.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on lowering springs.
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a question. I recently lowered my car with Eibach lowering springs. It dropped my car 2.25 inches. I love the way the car looks but I’m getting a little ticked off at all the Bumps that I now hear and feel. I think that after I buy new shocks and struts that would help also that some 18’s are going to be added to the “G” ride. Any tips that you guys might have will be great. Oh yeah by the way my car is a 96 GT Convert.

--------------------
California Notary Public

If you have/need documents too be notarized..hit me up

Posts: 950 | From: San Jose... | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
98GTpro
¯
Member # 411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98GTpro  Ford pictures for 98GTpro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you trim up the "bump stop"? I didn't and I bottom out like no other! I got 2.5 inches out of my sportline springs!

--------------------
1998 GT
2 Chamber Flows
Eibach Sportline Springs
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw
FMS 3.73s

Posts: 71 | From: Pleasanton, California | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’m very ignorant at this. What would the “Bump stop” be? I don't think that i did that. I just droped it off at this shop and just told the guys to swap springs. Also do I need to get the caster/ camber plates as well? I heard that help in keeping the wheels from "butterflying".

--------------------
California Notary Public

SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you'll get used to the noise and not hear it anymore eventually. What you might think about doing is having a pair of sub-frame connectors welded on.
98GTpro
¯
Member # 411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98GTpro  Ford pictures for 98GTpro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, if you dropped it off at a shop, then I am sure that they installed everything in the box. The springs come with a new black bump stop to replace the long, stock one so the car can "bounce" more. I installed my own springs and I didn't install the bump stop, buts its no biggy. I got the steeda c/c plates and they will correct your camber to almost perfect, they are also good if you place them 1 degree positive so you can corner better. That wont stop you from bottoming out though! You are just going to have to get used to it. Subframes will be ok, but they aont do much if springs is all you have!!

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: 98GTpro ]

--------------------
1998 GT
2 Chamber Flows
Eibach Sportline Springs
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda Caster/Camber Plates
Steeda Tri-ax Short Throw
FMS 3.73s

Posts: 71 | From: Pleasanton, California | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
AZTECLX
¯
Member # 674

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for AZTECLX  Ford pictures for AZTECLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
Thanks for the great tips. Really helped me a lot.

--------------------
California Notary Public

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com