Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help with autometer guage

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help with autometer guage
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was getting a 250 degree H20 temp. reading on my old autometer guage (on the Lightning). So I replaced the sending unit-nothing changed. I just installed a new guage-still reads 250 degrees. At sea level H20 boils at 212!!!!!!!!!!

WTF am I missing????????????????

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the temp wont read correctly if you dont match the i.d numbers on the gauge with the ones on the module.
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Snake98Girl:
the temp wont read correctly if you dont match the i.d numbers on the gauge with the ones on the module.

Problem solved!! I tried to save the sending unit that came with the new guage . I slapped it on and it's working properly now.

Right on .

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: yesIdid ]

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
Just a Punk Ass small Block :)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com