Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Kumho ECSTA SUPRA 712 TIRES

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Kumho ECSTA SUPRA 712 TIRES
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just Installed a set of KUMHO ECSTA SUPRA 712 tires today. The hold a lot better then my old Ohatsus in the rain and seem to launch better when it was dry. Can't wait to see if they give me a little better traction at the track. YEA! btw they are 245/45ZR17 tires. [patriot]

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
K&N, air silencer removed
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)
[img]http://www.digidistributors.com/rk/rk2.jpg[/img]

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, just when I thought I was the only cheap bastard running Ohatsu's.... hahahaha

I don't mind them too much. I couldn't beat the price.... 2 245/45's in front and 275/40's in back, 450 for all four.

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MRBiggs:
Damn, just when I thought I was the only cheap bastard running Ohatsu's.... hahahaha

I don't mind them too much. I couldn't beat the price.... 2 245/45's in front and 275/40's in back, 450 for all four.

Yea they came with the car but they just would not grip in the rain. They chirped through 3rd though

[ March 05, 2002: Message edited by: BADSTNG ]

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my kumho's. Good choice.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think i might be the only person to not be totally happy with my tires (225/50/16's). there starting to grip better but there not really close to my firehawk sz20's. (225/55/15's).

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got some pirelli p7000 315/35zr17 and couldn't get a 60' lower than 2.15 to save my life...

i'm thinking Nittos...

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BADSTNG:
Just Installed a set of KUMHO ECSTA SUPRA 712 tires today. The hold a lot better then my old Ohatsus in the rain and seem to launch better when it was dry. Can't wait to see if they give me a little better traction at the track. YEA! btw they are 245/45ZR17 tires. [patriot]

why did you go with 245 and not bigger in the back? do you have stock rims?

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

84Tbird
¯
Member # 901

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84Tbird  Ford pictures for 84Tbird  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heh yeah he is running stock rims. Plus money only permits him to do so much im sure and the Kumhos seem to be a good choice for the money. Hopefully a better pass then a 14.9 is possible with those meats. Those ohtsus sucked bigtime. Anyhow just a random message from someone in socal dropping weight like a mofugger and now practically bald. Hey Steve-o when you read this "Hey whats up mang?". [patriot]
BADSTNG
¯
Member # 899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BADSTNG  Ford pictures for BADSTNG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ihatethesesns:

why did you go with 245 and not bigger in the back? do you have stock rims?

Stock Rims. I figured for day to day use the 245s would be the best bet all the way around because I can rotate them for longer life and even wear. Im thinking of getting a set of 275+s for the rear and a pair of wider rims to hold them for the track. WASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUP Jason (Tbrd84)...bald mofo now? HAHA see you when you get back.

--------------------
3.73s
Flowmaster Mufflers
2" drop
FMS 9mm plug wires
RiceKiller (The lizard)

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you didn't have probs with rubbing? cuz my 255's rubbed I think I need to check to see if I have spacers????

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have never rubbed with 255/40's.

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

FiveOJester
¯
Member # 400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiveOJester  Ford pictures for FiveOJester    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my 245/50/16 Kumho 712s. Good stiff sidewalls, great rain traction, and dry traction. The Winston Winners that came with my rims were horrible! They sure were fun to burn off though.

--------------------
Bright Red '89 GT Hatchback
Saleen rear bumper, LX lights, Ponies, FMS pullies, 3.73s

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com